[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Return to the Greeks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 4763284623.png (1MB, 1003x973px) Image search: [Google]
4763284623.png
1MB, 1003x973px
Return to the Greeks
>>
Start
>>
With
>>
The
>>
Greeks
>>
Heidegger's Greeks are from removed from the Greeks of antiquity. He reduces them to Pindar, Homer and Sophocles to support his case as well as further accentuate the elitist aspect of dasein for the masses.
>>
Serious question: after I finish The Iliad, The Odyssey, 3-5 of Plato's most important dialogues and Aristotle's top3 works - what next? Can I progress past the Greeks stage?

What comes after?
>>
>>9441810
need more plato than that
>>
>>9441813
>>9441810
don't plan it all out ahead of time because it will be daunting. youll want to read nearly all of plato, but just take it one thing at a time.
>>
>>9441746
The Greeks Strike Back?
>>
>>9441810
You didn't read the Presocratics. Heraclitus being a big deal to Hegel, Heidegger, process philosophy...
>>
>>9441810
First, spend at least four months in constant study of attic Greek. You only need to be able to read it.

Once you're able to read the Anabasis in the original, read the presocratics, the other playwrights, Pindar, Herodotus, Thucydides, Hesiod, and maybe Xenophon's Hellenica (though that one is pretty boring).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.