[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the actual meaning behind the name Moby Dick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

What is the actual meaning behind the name Moby Dick?
>>
It's when a woman with tracheotomy performs oral sex on you but pulls your cock out at the last second, takes the load up her nose, and tilts her head back as far as she can before coughing and blowing the shame juice out of her neck hole.
>>
>>9440873
Pretty sure that's incorrect
>>
melville was a half a fag and put gay shit in all his stuff. see billy budd.

moby dick is about how anal is great and everyone should try it or they're homophobes

he was before his time
>>
>>9440814
Obsession is a disease

The farther from Christendom man goes, the closer he is to God

Tempting God

etc.
>>
>>9440814
Moby Dick is actually an anagram. It really is mind blowing that no one has noticed it yet. I had a eureka moment when I first figured it out.
>>
>>9441217

My Kid Cob
Mock Diby
Dock My Bi
MB Yo Dick
K McDoiby

I don't get it
>>
File: a.jpg (37KB, 467x312px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
37KB, 467x312px
This man's penis.
>>
>>9440814
>Mocha Dick
>brown dick
gee i don't know
>>
>>9441217
How??
>>
>>9441524
Imbody KC
>>
>>9440814
http://www.melville.org/mobyname.htm

Literally 30 seconds on Google. Learn to research.
>>
It's likely there was a similarly named whale he heard of while he was a whaler
>>
File: 1484407550374.jpg (60KB, 609x676px) Image search: [Google]
1484407550374.jpg
60KB, 609x676px
>>9442004
>Did he invent it on a whim and like the way it sounded? Or is it some strange piece of hermetic Melvillean arcana?
>>
Mob's dick? What kind of title is that? Is 'tis book all about dicks and anals?
>>
>>9441985
Embody King Crimson?
>>
>>9441116
i'm tempting god with my DICK
>>
Jesus Christ, the novel's name is not "Moby Dick."
It's Moby-Dick; or, The Whale.
>>
>>9440814
My gf calls my dick Moby Dick
>>
it's about hunting a whale
>>
>>9443257
Well. Which one is it? Moby-Dick or The Whale?
>>
File: Mocha Dick.png (98KB, 648x520px) Image search: [Google]
Mocha Dick.png
98KB, 648x520px
>>9442007

Exactly so. Mocha Dick was a famous albino sperm whale known for his grounds off Mocha Island near Chile. His 'human-like' cunning pretty much made him the most famous whale in Nantucket at the time. There was an account of the whale being killed in 1838, but a decade later the same newspaper that published that original account said that the whale had been spotted again in the Arctic Ocean. It's not a huge leap to see the metaphorical underpinnings of the historical/mythological reality that inspired Melville as a young whaler and later as a novelist.
>>
>>9441051
it's in the cetacean chapter which means you never read the book lel
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.