[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alexander Theroux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0284.jpg (51KB, 464x808px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0284.jpg
51KB, 464x808px
Is he any good? I have exhausted most of the first- and second-tier American pomo fabulists
>>
I met him before. Real nice guy.
>>
>>9440097
Love that flat New York inflection. But is he worth my time? My time is valuable.
>>
>>9440110
Time. That's all he talked about. I tried to leave him a few times, but he would put his hand on my shoulder and say "My friend!" He gave me his watch and told me to ask him the time so he could guess. He guessed correctly then he said something like "I was too shy to tell you but I work here and the fee for my service is five dollars." I gave him a five and he almost left without his watch. He came running back nearly in tears and told me to give him the "damn thing."
>>
>>9440152
Is this a pasta I've not seen before?
>>
>>9440159
Time. That's all he talked about. I tried to leave him a few times, but he would put his hand on my shoulder and say "My friend!" He gave me his watch and told me to ask him the time so he could guess. He guessed correctly then he said something like "I was too shy to tell you but I work here and the fee for my service is five dollars." I gave him a five and he almost left without his watch. He came running back nearly in tears and told me to give him the "damn thing."

It is now
>>
>>9440078
Just got Darconville's Cat today and I'm thinking about reading it after Women and Men. I've been told by people I trust that it's incredible.
>>
>>9440078
Have read the two extended essays on the Primary and the Secondary colors, but that's it. The first was good enough to tempt me into reading the second. I don't know why I've avoided the fiction.
>>
>>9440152
Is this true (no joke)
>>
I read his book on Edward Gorey and really enjoyed that. I own D.C and Three Wogs.
>>
>>9442925
A friend recced me D.C. and I basically trust him but he's a diagnosed sperg
>>
>>9440078
I read Darconville's Cat. Simultaneously one of the best and most strangely disappointing novels in my life. He's an amazing stylist, and is more human and heartful than similar experimental and very good stylists in modern American literature; i.e. he actually cares about creating characters.

I call Darconville's Cat disappointing because of the ending, but otherwise it's top-notch and some of the best writing of the 20th century.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.