[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dante and Milton certainly had ancillary goals, sub-goals, to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Dante and Milton certainly had ancillary goals, sub-goals, to writing their epic poems. However, it seems to me that their main goal was to glorify God. Milton wants to do this by justifying God doing things the way he did concerning the Fall. Dante wants to do this by showing how medieval courtly love should eventually transform into love of the divine. That's my assessment, at least.

Are there any other great writers that write with the overarching goal of glorifying God?
>>
Both were closet atheists, way too smart to be Christians and too attached to their heads to be outspoken . Milton wanted to take down the monarchy and Dante wanted to get laid.
>>
File: 1447802412323.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1447802412323.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>9439258
>Both were closet atheists
>>
Dante's Divine Comedy literally started the Western world-view shift from teocentric into anthropocentric.
>>
>>9440268
Christfags just don't want to believe it.

And here's what Paradise Lost is really about:
https://the-artifice.com/paradise-lost-john-milton-politics/
>>
>>9439258
I've never read a comment that's more wrong than this. If ypu actually read their works, you will understand why that isn't true.
>>
File: Castlesween.jpg (1MB, 3049x1297px) Image search: [Google]
Castlesween.jpg
1MB, 3049x1297px
>>9439258
>>9440518
why did Charles 2 let Milton out of prison?
>>
divine comedy synopsis:

one day dante woke up he saw a lion the ol lion he say "worship to jah get irie mi rastafari fi widdi ta god he come" and dante walk a bit and virgil he saw him and he say you read my book haha yea ok and dante really was gay for virgil and they fuck n smonk so much dicc they talk about poems all day lmao fukin gayu but it tru
>>
>>9441660
kek
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.