[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the FUCK was his problem???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-Vladimir_Nabokov_1960s.jpg (19KB, 220x298px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Vladimir_Nabokov_1960s.jpg
19KB, 220x298px
What the FUCK was his problem???
>>
>>9438876
Synesthesia
>>
>>9438876
Pedophilia
>>
Trilingual
>>
he wanted to diddle little kids
>>
>>9439048
>projection
>>
Too patrician
>>
>>9438886
>>9438967
>>9439038
Fuck I really want to read him now, but I'm not interested in Lolita, at least not yet, where to start with Nabokovsky?
>>
>>9439079
Pale Fire is his best. Invitation to a Beheading is also good.
>>
>>9439187
>Invitation to a Beheading

Underrated desu.
>>
>>9439296
I love it, but I thought it was the most well regarded of his Russian novels? Maybe underrated on /lit/.
>>
>>9439304
Beheading suffers from unfavorable comparisons to Kafka.

I'd say The Gift is his most well regarded: His big fat Russian novel, as complex and as detailed as Proust.
>>
>>9439322
I don't think the Kafka comparison is as superficial as some people say (Nabokov himself included). Especially if you view Kafka through a gnostic lens. I know he said that he hadn't read The Trial when he wrote Beheading, but maybe he'd had some other Kafka. Still Beheading is great in its own right.
Also good to hear that about The Gift. I'm glad to still have some top tier Nabokov left to read.
>>
his molesting uncle traded him blowjobs for his inheritance.
>>
>>9439934
Really?
>>
>>9438876
Based as fuck pedo dude. : /
>>
Possibly one the few cases of genuine 2deep4u out there
>>
>>9440633
yeah.

https://moscow.sci-hub.cc/3aff297b07a767b7ef09d5ad42e07c13/[email protected]

worth a read for sure.
>>
>>9440650
I'm too drunk to read all that, can you summarise?
>>
>>9440683
His molesting uncle traded him blowjobs for his inheritance.
>>
>>9440683
essentially, his uncle took a liking to him in his youth, and his parents didn't interfere. the uncle was incredibly rich, and he ended up inheriting his millions, despite others being in line, he obtained the entire sum, apparently. there's a reference to his texts, where he seems entirely capable and happy tomdescribe various sex acts but shies away from oral. there's no proof, of course, just many interesting inferences.
>>
>>9440691
okay, interesting.

thank you.
>>
PLEBS
>>
He didn't get any respect
>>
>>9438876
Drugs and women. Which is to say, nothing went wrong.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.