[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diogenes | Get the fuck out of my sunlight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Waterhouse-Diogenes.jpg (232KB, 834x1285px) Image search: [Google]
Waterhouse-Diogenes.jpg
232KB, 834x1285px
I literally never see discussion on philosophers like Diogenes, aka philosophers that are born without a fuck to give out. and are passionately against giving a fuck. Diogenes invented Cynic Philosophy and is a much better philosopher than you can ever be
>>
>>9438731
I bet you've never read any of Diogenes' work
>>
>>9438744

I bet no one who wasn't alive 2200 years has either.
>>
mmm-mmm, love me some of the Dog
>>
Is there a difference between "Diogenes of Sinope: The Man in the Tub" and "Diogenes the Cynic: The War Against the World"? Or just a retitle?
>>
File: mark-hamill-or-slavoj-zizek.png (597KB, 598x898px) Image search: [Google]
mark-hamill-or-slavoj-zizek.png
597KB, 598x898px
>>9438731
>>
File: chickendick.jpg (72KB, 720x960px)
chickendick.jpg
72KB, 720x960px
Behold, a man!
>>
>>9438873
Top right, top left, center and bottom left aren't Zizek. That's all I know.
>>
File: diggydog.jpg (20KB, 251x169px)
diggydog.jpg
20KB, 251x169px
>>9438731

Friendly reminder that Diogenes is soon going to be found out by pseud trumpeteers from /pol/ and reddit and is subsequently going to be used in their "free speech-protests. Lauren Southern will larp barrel living outside of Berkeley before the year is over if this happens.

"The most beautiful thing in the world is freedom of speech." - Diogenes
>>
>>9438873
You know that face blindness is a symptom of autism?
>>
File: 1477271379927.jpg (1MB, 1800x1322px)
1477271379927.jpg
1MB, 1800x1322px
>>9438731
>>
>>9438731
What's so great about him? He just seems like a contrarian antisocial NEET whose greatest achievement was debunking some of Plato's immature papers.
>>
because diogenes isn't a philosopher, he's a funny historical footnote who didn't leave writings or a tradition behind

fuck off and go read a book
>>
>>9439870
>whose greatest achievement was debunking some of Plato's immature papers
I'd say that is an achievement that a most modern NEET cannot boast of.
>>
>>9439870
>implying that isn't great enough as it is
>>
>>9438887
>adds fucking flat nails to the definition
>>
What he preaches could lead to the end of civilization.

Nonetheless, he's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>9440760
He lived like civilisation was already over. His precepts reflected his lifestyle and the surviving anecdotes are party jokes at best.
>>
>>9440760
Civilization is meme that needs to die
>>
>>9439874
Actually, he did write books they just didn't survive. I'm also pretty sure he wrote several tragedies as well. All of this was part of his contribution to cynicism.
>>
>>9440836
This guy gets it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.