[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

share your favorite metafictional books (also, any news on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: at swim two birds.jpg (18KB, 220x345px) Image search: [Google]
at swim two birds.jpg
18KB, 220x345px
share your favorite metafictional books

(also, any news on the movie for this? is it ever gonna happen?)
>>
>>9437637
is borges metafiction (sorry I am pleb when it goes for postmodern stuff)?
>>
>>9437641
yes, absolutely.
>>
>>9437637
I loved this books but fuck me the Fionn Mac Cool bits were difficult to get through. I'm aware they're supposed to be mocking celtic epics and while it was effective it doesn't make it any easier to read. Great book overall though.
>>
File: o'toole as cervantes as quixote.jpg (78KB, 800x537px) Image search: [Google]
o'toole as cervantes as quixote.jpg
78KB, 800x537px
>>
This a decent, short read.

>>9438197
The Sweeney bits I think you mean.
>>
>>9438223
>not liking suibhne or watercress
what is wrong with you?
>>
File: i-am-a-japanese-writer.jpg (182KB, 1035x1600px) Image search: [Google]
i-am-a-japanese-writer.jpg
182KB, 1035x1600px
>>9438197
the first part where he talks about what he does in the day was crazy to read but I got used to it

the most crazy meta book i've read is willie master's lonesome wife by William Gass. It's so crazy I think you have to like Gertrude Stein in order to think it's readable.

Pic related is my favorite one. A Haitian writer who lives in Quebec (our real author) comes up with a title for a book (the real title of the book) and that's it. He then becomes famous in Japan for coming up with this title and he deals with the aggravation from all the attention with comedic journalism and racism
>>
P A L E F I R E
P
A
L
E

F
I
R
E
>>
>>9439192
I'm going to attempt to read that again. I wasn't in the mood the first couple of times I read it. From an outsider's perspective I don't see what the big deal is. I'm going to read it all the way anyway though after I'm done with Nip The Buds, Shoot The Kids.
>>
File: 1492199168204.jpg (455KB, 500x727px) Image search: [Google]
1492199168204.jpg
455KB, 500x727px
bump
>>
cosmicomics
castle of crossed destinies
if on a winters night a stranger
>>
in about 5 years time I will have created the greatest work of metafiction ever

i'll keep you all updated when it's done
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.