[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Audible Recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Baby lon ashes.jpg (328KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Baby lon ashes.jpg
328KB, 1536x1536px
So I just finished whats out of the Expanse series by James S.A. Corey and am lost with nothing to listen to while I cook. Anyone got any good Audio book recommendations?
>>
The academy series by mcdevitt. John adams by mcullough. The Iliad. I recommend jack l chalker to any sff fan cause he's the best.
>>
>>9435927
Aubrey-Maturin series read by Patrick Tull
>>
>>9435943
Tried the academy before but wasnt a fan, Ill look into Jack L Chalker's work
>>9435953
Ive read the first one but didnt know they had an audio version, might try thanks.
>>
>>9435967
Be sure to get it read by Tull. He was a perfect fit and used to do readings at A-M fan meetups.

And he can really spit out that nautical jargon.
>>
File: ss+(2017-04-28+at+12.17.34).jpg (73KB, 584x317px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-04-28+at+12.17.34).jpg
73KB, 584x317px
>>9435927
>that shit tier narrator for cibola burn
i was really torn between loving the book and hating that fucking retarded attempt at narration. books 5 and 6 were worth it tho.

anwyays if you liked the expanse and want what is basically the expanse-with proper scifi go for blindsight narrated by ryder smith. basicallt its the 2090s, there's signs of ayylamos scanning us from the edges of the solar system so a ship is sent to investigate and establish first contact. a way better first contact story then the expanse.

also if you like alternate history man in the high castle\1984 type stuff go for the handmaid's tale read by claire danes (from homeland) . this is literally the best narration of an audiobook i've ever heard.
>>
>>9436063
Ok thanks I will look into those, also for cibola burn they actually re-released the narration with Jefferson Mays like last month cause so many people complained. It was so painful going through it with the guy who couldn't get Avasarala's accent or mannerisms down right.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.