[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is modern poetry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

this is what we have come too

from Paradise Lost

to this shit
>>
forgot to link the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hA1_z_rqAg
>>
The ignorance in the OP is mind blowing. This poem was beautiful and so powerful. Franny would never say that all white people are racist, but we can't deny the truth that some still are. There's still a race issue in this world today and we can't deny that. For all the people offended, I know that you just feel strongly and have your own opinions, which is fair, but just know that you can not play the victim card and get mad at minorities for speaking out about the injustices in their lives. If you are not racist then this poem isn't about you. All skin is beautiful, Fran just wants people to wake up and see that there's a problem here and a power struggle that comes from white privilege.
>>
>>9433622
bullshit, first off all

1. it wasn't even that good of a poem

secondly, whiteness is such an ambigious term that when uses it, there is no clear, cut definition so its used as this "catch all" term

What happened to great poetry.... why don't we make masterpieces like Paradise Lost, or The Waste Land anymore

we make shit like this
>>
>>9433629
If you are arguing for Whiteness, you are Whiteness. Try being a human being with empathy and the ability to consider other perspectives first. Racial identity is a trap for everyone. Free. Your. Mind.
>>
>>9433639
Jesus is this ironic or sincere
>>
>>9433608

Hi im a slut
>>
>>9433646
I really like this poem. It makes me hate being white but I like it. This is the kind of thing that makes me glad I've spent 20+ years learning english.
>>
I'm proud to be white

I'm proud to be a descendant of Western Civilization

Newton, Galileo, Shakespeare, Beethoven, Mozart they are my people, my brothers in blood
>>
>>9433622

Franny rhymes with funny.
>>
Marcus this is your mother. Get off the internet, Marcus. Log off.
>>
>>9433666

thats deep...
>>
>>9433608
>Button Poetry
too easy, man
>>
>>9433666
how did you know my name?
>>
>>9433607
it was bad. but, conveniently, one can turn it off. if they derive pleasure from clucking in anger that "whiteness" built, owns, and demolishes its own "bar", then far be it from me to suggest they stop, hypocrites though they are.
>>
>>9433685
Isn't this just a longer way of saying "if you don't like something stop looking at it"? Why bother talking about anything you don't like 100% at that point?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.