[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Agency begins where sovereignty wanes."

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6090.jpg (130KB, 750x1123px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6090.jpg
130KB, 750x1123px
"Agency begins where sovereignty wanes."
>>
/lit/ is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc. If you want to discuss history, religion, or the humanities, go to /his/. If you want to discuss politics, go to /pol/. Philosophical discussion can go on either /lit/ or /his/, but ideally those discussions of philosophy that take place on /lit/ should be based around specific philosophical works to which posters can refer.
>>
>>9433081
Do you think she regrets being a feminist philosopher? She went from on the cutting edge to being called a xphobe by the current generation.
>>
>>9433098
I'm not sure. What I do know though is that she's highly misunderstood in feminist circles that have an anxiety/paranoia surrounding issues of static subjecthood as a means to reform power structures. I really enjoy her work. Finishing up The Psychic Life of Power rn.
>>
>>9433098
Butler has always been pretty controversial even among feminists.
>>
butler relies on hegel too much
>>
>>9433098
>being called a xphobe by the current generation.
what did she do?
>>
>>9433098
lol. judy butler is a bad bitch and feminists who dont like her are dumb gay faggots in all honesty.
>>
>>9433353
She's apparently a good buddy of Zizek, which is one of the best character endorsements one can achieve imo.
>>
>>9433081
Dumb bitch
>>
>>9433081
I struggle with JB. On one hand I'm nodding a long mming like a woke cow when I read some of her stuff (ie OPs quote about power). On the other hand she sometimes says shit like "sex is a social construct" and, well, if how we define things is done socially (probably) you're right but this isn't insightful.
>>
>>9433251
Her writings didn't foresee the current trans and non binary environment we live in.
>>
Anyone who says gender is a social construct literally saying something everyone intuitively knows.

These people aren't scientists.
>>
>>9433654
The aided in the construction of it.

Her work is harmful that it alone justifies the creation of a new Index Librorum Prohibitorum.
>>
needs more lacan

performativity sounds nice but i worry about just how much agency she gives individual actors, especially in regards to gender performance. i don't think we can make sexuality that easy
>>
>>9433081
That's the dykest looking woman I've ever seen in my life
>>
>>9433687
Faggot, I recognize you from ~6 months ago, just stop.
>>
>>9434099
It's defined to be a social construct. Everything biological is per definition not part of gender.

This is of course a somewhat useless view, because social constructs are still informed by biology. So even though some behavior might be entirely socially constructed, it is still informed by basic urges and hormones. Gender roles evolved socially because of inherent differences in male and female sexuality, trying to separate the two is silly ideological gerrymandering.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.