[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On Law

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1569797963244456.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1569797963244456.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
Hey /lit/, I've been interested in the development of common law and its effect on historic literature. Can anyone recc me some good books that deal with law? Preferable complex cases, and fiction or nonfiction is good either way. It has to be realistic though if it is fiction. I'm enthralled by the idea of due process and what is and general on-goings of the court. Nothing like a mystery thriller. I want court battle. In and out.

Any ideas?
>>
>>9432728
only god's law counts, try a redpill cUck
>>
>>9432735

Hey thanks for the bump man.

Anyone have any good law fiction/nonficiton? I already know all the historic cases, and I believe the law scene now is very much different with many different iterations of precedence. I'm just looking for a book to expand on that.
>>
>>9432728

Well there's not a whole lot of law nonfiction that you probably haven't already heard of if you're interested in the topic.

Fiction, if you aren't interested in it, is pretty much what law as a genre has to offer. Otherwise you're just reading the proceedings of a case that actually happened.
>>
File: 1489177066020.jpg (155KB, 362x447px) Image search: [Google]
1489177066020.jpg
155KB, 362x447px
>>9432728

THEY CALL HIM URSULAAAAAAAAAAAA

AHHHHHHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA
>>
>>9432765

What does this have to do with Ursula?

Is this some autistic Disney reference?
>>
>>9432779

Didn't Ariel like sign away her voice for legs or some shit like that? What does that have to do with law? Is this some parallel?

Contract law. That's gotta be it. Is that what you're referring to? Well that's about as boring as it gets. Bound by contract doesn't get much simpler.
>>
>>9432909
>>9432779
>>9432765

So... you recc the fucking little mermaid.

Wtf /lit/.
>>
>>9432728

I accidentally posted in a wrong thread but you may be interested in Coggs v Bernard.

>Under the ruling in Coggs v Bernard, a general bailee was only liable if he had been negligent. Despite his reappraisal of the standard of liability for general bailees, Holt CJ refused to reconsider the long-standing common law rule that held common carriers strictly liable for any loss or damage to bailed property in their possession. Although admitting that the rule was "hard," Holt CJ justified it by stating:

>This [rule] is a politic establishment, contrived by the policy of the law, for the safety of all persons, the necessity of whose affairs oblige them to trust these sorts of persons [i.e. carriers], that they may be safe in their ways of dealing: for else these carriers might have an opportunity of undoing all persons that had any dealings with them, by combining with thieves etc; and yet doing it in such a clandestine manner, as would not be possible to be discovered. And this is the reason the law is founded upon that point.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.