[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i don't get it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

i don't get it
>>
I'm just about to start this book. What should I know before getting into it?
>>
>>9432225
idk lad i'm a brainlet
>>
>>9432225
French
>>
meursault was put on trial for a coincidence and was ultimately judged for things he never thought twice about in his life
this is a reflection of life and death
>>
>>9432220
dude nothing matters lmao
>>
>>9432248
it wasn't a coincidence though
>>
>read the Plague
>DUDE NOTHING REALLY MATTERS BUT YOU HAVE TO PRETEND LIKE IT MATTERS EVEN THOUGH IT DOESNT JUST BE HAPPY BRAH
Whoa
>>
In the version I have, the every mans library print, there's an afterword by Camus that summarizes the story and Meursalt pretty well, I'd recommend finding afterwards it if its not in your book.
>>
then embrace it
>>
Meursault has autism.
>>
>>9432220
The Arab was the Stranger the entire time
>>
File: 1493000357855.gif (983KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
1493000357855.gif
983KB, 250x141px
>>9432274
not even close buddy.
>>
>>9432220
maybe read some background on a book before you read it?? dont just shit post saying you dont get it, elaborate at least for christ sakes. This is a literature DISCUSSION board.
>>
>>9432298

He gets drunk with a bro, has great sex on the beach, shoots a nerd because of a gnarly bet, and then goes home and takes a nap.

He's clearly the epitome of frat. Grendel is the one with autism.
>>
>>9432345
He's also an unemotional weirdo that follows the same routine every day, struggles to understand social norms and is hyper-sensitive to sensory stimulation like light and heat. He's def autismo.
>>
>>9432364
>hypersensitive
Have you never experienced heat stroke?
>>
>>9432379
Does it normally make you shoot Arabs just because?
>>
It satires normies
>>
>>9432220
It's about how silly nihilism is. And in the final part Camus promotes his absurdism philosophy.
>>
Ye neither did I at first.

I thought at first It seemed to be about Camus's critique of this objective moral authority and standards that exist within most societies, so that even not abiding by them in the smallest way will get you in trouble; like not showing remorse at your mothers death, I think that's what it was anyway.

I don't find The Outsider particularly profound, it's nothing I hadn't thought about before, which is a shame because so many people have told me how much it blew their mind.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (27KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
27KB, 500x323px
>>9432274
>Interpreting Camus this way
wew
>>
>>9432220
Life sucks and then you die.
>>
>>9432321
>>9432932
what? he's not wrong
>>
>>9432379
half of the book is his rambling about the heat
>>
File: covers_25944.jpg (52KB, 307x500px) Image search: [Google]
covers_25944.jpg
52KB, 307x500px
>>9432220
>>9432225
>"... For I came to realize that in this absurd life, I, Meursault, am the Stranger.

>THE END"
>>
>>9434167
I read that edition.
>>
>>9432220
It's ok, OP. Even if you do get it someday, you'll realize Camus was a hack.
>>
>>9432220
You are going to die
>>
There's no bad reason to kill a sandnigger.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.