[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never read Edgar Allan Poe. Is he just a meme or is it worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1478819834853 (1).png (1MB, 640x900px) Image search: [Google]
1478819834853 (1).png
1MB, 640x900px
Never read Edgar Allan Poe. Is he just a meme or is it worth reading his entire body of work?
>>
>>9432017
Yes God, please!
And don't you dare skip the poems, they are my favorite.
>>
There aren't many authors whose entire body of work you should read, but Poe is definitely worth reading. As the other Anon said, the poems are particularly fun and interesting.
>>
>>9432021
Annabel Lee is so fucking pretty (the poem, not the victim)
>>
>>9432017
I don't know about his entire body of work, but I'd definitely read at least a selection. The Murders in the Rue Morgue and its sequels are fascinating early detective novels, his poetry is beautiful, and his horror genuinely unnerving.
>>
>>9432021
>>9432028
>>9432029
>>9432053

Thanks, bought a complete edition of his work.
>>
>>9433930
Which one?
>>
He was an innovator and experimenter. A number of stories fall on their face for that reason. Also you should be made aware that a third of his work, if not more, is made up of satire stories. Nobody talks about those strangely enough.
>>
>>9433936

https://www.amazon.de/Complete-Tales-Poems-Knickerbocker-Classics/dp/1937994430/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493273821&sr=8-1&keywords=knickerbocker+classics
>>
File: 1491251442581.gif (1MB, 320x261px) Image search: [Google]
1491251442581.gif
1MB, 320x261px
>>9433947
>>
So why does Bloom hate him?
>>
>>9432017
How does Poe hold up to Lovecraft? I thought Lovecraft was readable but most of his stuff is not worth it and is quite bad. Would I like Poe or would I feel the same?
>>
>>9435502
If you're too much of a little bitch to find Lovecraft "readable" than you shouldn't bother with Poe.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.