[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Day Greats?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: milkandhoney.jpg (14KB, 307x475px) Image search: [Google]
milkandhoney.jpg
14KB, 307x475px
Recommendations of authors that will be remembered as the all time greats of this generation
>>
>>9430908
I saw this book in a bookstore today. I live in germany and was like "What the fuck?"
>>
File: apoembyrupi__1_.png (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
apoembyrupi__1_.png
62KB, 600x600px
>>
>>9430962
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWyRcWm2oy0#t=2m30s
>>
File: 1.jpg (29KB, 697x394px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
29KB, 697x394px
>>9430908
f u c k this book - I can't stand how it's become the quintessential /lit/ for #woke, narcissistic college girls, and it continues to triggers me beyond all levels of irony
I've lost count of how many times I've seen these people post pictures of the cover under seven different filters and spew that familiar pseud word soup in their captions every time
>>
>>9431620
if the poems are too difficult for you to grasp you can just tell us, we're all friends here
>>
>>9431620
at my college people dont even read it or own it, they just share her social media posts with #inspiring
>>
>>9431690
the poems are plain prose with arbitrary line breaks to suggest a rhythm that isn't actually there. It's not very profound.
>>
>>9431736
awwwww you don't understand poetry, thats alright.
>>
>>9430962
Kek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE
>>
>>9431800
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZXqkgFegLQ
>>
>>9431800
wait, is it actually the first action movie from Uganda?
>>
File: 517Bf26IjpL.jpg (55KB, 907x1360px) Image search: [Google]
517Bf26IjpL.jpg
55KB, 907x1360px
>>9430908
wow...this is just....so empowering....fuck men.....except chad
>>
>>9431930
Don't you know how empowered women are? My favorite part from Milk and Honey is she simultaneously denounces men as vile and pestilent creatures who destroy women but holds women as powerful and impenetrable fortresses of strength and solitude.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlToQQfSlLA&t=347s
stop hating on her /lit/
>>
>>9433868
I don't want to listen to this whole thing. Give me the meme parts so I don't have to/
>>
>>9433868

God she's insufferable.
>>
>>9431974
>>
File: 22822858.jpg (43KB, 313x475px) Image search: [Google]
22822858.jpg
43KB, 313x475px
>>9430908
Milk and Honey is shit desu
>>
"I am museum full of art
But you had your eyes closed"

JESUS
FUCKING
CHRIST
>>
>>9431974
Can't believe this shit gets published while my 100% fallacy free, logically valid poetry sits on my desk and gathers dust.
>>
>>9434035
>he thinks poetry is about poetry itself nowadays

Lmao,
do you even have some agenda m8? Can not sell your shit without some buzzword covering all of its content. How do you even expect it to be sold if the content is so nuanced that you can not place accurate tags under it? Do you really think that someone will even read you shit after buying it if it is not rhetoric diarrhea like the one usually occupying the brains of the ones actually buying books written in this day and age? People want to identify with books, reading something that challenges their brain capacity or moral beliefs is regarded as "learning", you will get sued for false advertisement if you sell it as "poetry".
If you want to publish shit, you better start thinking like a salesman.
>>
>>9434029
Holy ... Rupi is like the mother of all storms trapped inside a balloon made from pig intestines.
>>
>>9434029
humble as fvck
>>
>>9430908
the fucking girl that wrote this book lives next to me and went to my high school

every time i walk past this book i cringe
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.