[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Naked Lunch just a book full of nonsense or were you guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (169KB, 811x1147px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 811x1147px
Is Naked Lunch just a book full of nonsense or were you guys able to extract something from it ?
>>
It's nonsense - like the alice in wonderland of a junkie's mind. Oh and it gets pretty gay at times
>>
>>9429135
whos grill
>>
>>9429140
So random art I found scrolling through FB .
>>
>>9429137
Ah that was kind of my biggest worry , I've heard of the book from a indie comic book called ZERO so I was wondering what the big deal was. Would you say it's still worth a read ?
>>
>>9429135
Like when you extract your dick out of an ass hole and some shit slides out, runs down their leg.

Somewhat disgusted, but loose, satisfied. Or at least satisfied enough to make you not care anymore that the person you've fucked in the ass doesn't seem to have enjoyed the anal sex at all.

Makes me itchy.
>>
File: image.png (562KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
562KB, 750x1334px
Naked Lunch in a nutshell
>>
>>9429135
its an amazing book. It's a vision from the bottom. Its an indictment of society, in all it's depravity, from the ancient days of human sacrifice to modern prisons, executions, war and drug addiction.

Give it a read, just don't expect a linear plot. It's a series of scenes.
>>
Ignore the weak readings. It's about both the disassociation of the junkie from society, and the disassociation from himself, about living in a body you have no grasp or control on. From there you can make a more broad less junkie-specific existential reading. Also it's funny as shit if you like a lot of cock and anus and shit humor like I do.
>>
>>9429196
here's a sample

Did I ever tell you about the man who taught his asshole to talk? His whole abdomen would move up and down you dig farting out the words. It was unlike anything I ever heard.

This ass talk had sort of a gut frequency. It hit you right down there like you gotta go. You know when the old colon gives you the elbow and it feels sorta cold inside, and you know all you have to do is turn loose? Well this talking hit you right down there, a bubbly, thick stagnant sound, a sound you could smell.

This man worked for a carnival you dig, and to start with it was like a novelty ventriliquist act. Real funny, too, at first. He had a number he called “The Better ‘Ole” that was a scream, I tell you. I forget most of it but it was clever. Like, “Oh I say, are you still down there, old thing?”

“Nah I had to go relieve myself.”

After a while the ass start talking on its own. He would go in without anything prepared and his ass would ad-lib and toss the gags back at him every time.

Then it developed sort of teeth-like little raspy in-curving hooks and started eating. He thought this was cute at first and built an act around it, but the asshole would eat its way through his pants and start talking on the street, shouting out it wanted equal rights. It would get drunk, too, and have crying jags nobody loved it and it wanted to be kissed same as any other mouth. Finally it talked all the time day and night, you could hear him for blocks screaming at it to shut up, and beating it with his fist, and sticking candles up it, but nothing did any good and the asshole said to him: “It’s you who will shut up in the end. Not me. Because we dont need you around here any more. I can talk and eat and shit.”

After that he began waking up in the morning with a transparent jelly like a tadpole’s tail all over his mouth. This jelly was what the scientists call un-D.T., Undifferentiated Tissue, which can grow into any kind of flesh on the human body. He would tear it off his mouth and the pieces would stick to his hands like burning gasoline jelly and grow there, grow anywhere on him a glob of it fell. So finally his mouth sealed over, and the whole head would have have amputated spontaneous — (did you know there is a condition occurs in parts of Africa and only among Negroes where the little toe amputates spontaneously?) — except for the eyes you dig. Thats one thing the asshole couldn’t do was see. It needed the eyes. But nerve connections were blocked and infiltrated and atrophied so the brain couldn’t give orders any more. It was trapped in the skull, sealed off. For a while you could see the silent, helpless suffering of the brain behind the eyes, then finally the brain must have died, because the eyes went out, and there was no more feeling in them than a crab’s eyes on the end of a stalk.
>>
>>9429196
So like Trainspotting ?
>>
>>9429217
With a bit more method and less gimmickry, sure.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>9429223
I heard the author shot his wife, was that prior to him publishing the book or after ?
>>
>>9429233
he shot her during a drunk parlor trick. She put a shot glass on her head and he tried to shoot it off. He missed.

He wrote Naked Lunch afterwards.

You should really give Burroughs a shot. Naked Lunch is an amazing book. If you like it, check out The Ticket that Exploded and Cities of the Red Night.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.