[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: God-tier young adult novels.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: loser.jpg (12KB, 269x400px) Image search: [Google]
loser.jpg
12KB, 269x400px
ITT: God-tier young adult novels.
>>
>>9428911
Oh yeah, I remember that book. I donated it to my local library about 2 months ago.

Pretty interesting story about this autistic kid, i believe it's written in the present tense
>>
>>9428952
I think you're thinking of your favorite book hahaha

His Dark Materials would be perfect without all the God stuff, ditto Narnia.
>>
>>9428969
>Narnia would have been better without the religious aspects
You need to go back. To Reddit.
That was the most retarded comment i've read all week.
>>
>>9428969
>two book series with heavy themes of religion and theocracy
>would be better without "God stuff"

Please, PLEASE let this be bait
>>
>>9428993
>>9428980
It was a joke! Those books were my childhood and I'm a nonpracticing Catholic. The screwtape letters are good too
>>
>>9429009
(I wasn't joking about His Dark Materials though; I think they were great coming-of-age books hindered by a like obsession with the dark side of the catholic church)
>>
File: Bluebear.jpg (34KB, 330x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bluebear.jpg
34KB, 330x500px
>>
>>9428911
I remember the Bartimaeus books being fun
>>
>>9429014
His Dark Materials definitely went way too off the rails for a YA fantasy bookseries. I barely knew what was going on in the third book when I read the series at 13.
>>
File: QuantumProphecy.jpg (51KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
QuantumProphecy.jpg
51KB, 660x330px
>>9429024
also
>>
>>9428911
Hated this book. Whole story is
>sperg acts like a sperg, everyone barely tolerates him
>sperg gets lost in a blizzard and almost gets himself killed, accomplishing nothing
>everyone treats sperg like a hero
>>
7th Tower
Charlie Bone
Series of Unfortunate Events
The Supernaturalists
>>
I'm looking for some fairly easy, fun SF/fantasy YA books to read this summer. Harry Potter would be the obvious route to go, but I was wondering if anyone had other recommendations, especially stuff originally written in French?
>>
>>9429082
Sorry, I forgot to say that I'm specifically looking for books in French, for language-learning purposes
>>
What was that book about that kid who invented a gimmicky pen? Even after I was far grown out of it I would read it on the can.
>>
>>9428911
what defines YA and how is it different from teen fiction? To me, someone is YA if they are under about 25 but from it seems thats not the case for books? The books, say, a 20 year old will read can be quite different from those of a 40 year old so they aren't necessarily the same so to me there is category that seems missing.
>>
maniac mcgee
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.