[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

What are some great horror novels?
>>
>>9427212
I could watch my dad rape an amputee midget and still not cringe as hard as i did at that pic
>>
>>9427212
Edgar Alan Poe

The Fall of House Usher was especially good.
>>
>horror novels
>great
If you want to read a book with ghosts, go with The Turn of the Screw
>>
>>9427212
Anything by Lovecraft honestly.
>>
>>9427554
>>9427538

These are pretty common reads. I was thinking maybe you guys knew something that I couldn't get from Googling.
>>
>>9427638
telling you shit I have read and like.
I'm pretty certain 99% of the people on /lit/ don't care about horror anyways...
>>
>>9427212
"Once upon a midnight dreary, there I pondered weak and weary..."
>>
I recommend the short stories 'The Clown Puppet' and 'The Red Tower' by Ligotti. Some of his other stores from Teatro Grottesco are good, but those two spooked me the most.

Oh yeah, 'The Town Supervisor' is pretty weird, too.
>>
Horror is best in short story format.

that said, check out:
T.E.D. Klein - The Ceremonies (apocalyptic horror influenced by the works of Arthur Machen. The main character is writing a dissertation on Gothic literature so the whole thing is sprinkled with references to older works.)
Andrew Michael Hurley - The Loney (occult horror set in a rain drenched religious retreat near the coasts of England)
Tom Piccirilli - A Choir of Ill Children (all the trappings of Southern Gothic fiction mixed with body horror)
stretching "horror" with this one but Theodore Roszak - Flicker (an obsessive film scholar delves into the works of an obscure director and discovers that the history of film is tied with an antinatalist philosophy subliminally influencing the world)

also The Turn of the Screw is obvious, but seconding that.
>>
if you like manga junji ito's stuff is really great. uzumaki would be a good start.
>>
Ratman's Notebooks.
>>
>>9427212

The Hellbound Heart is a decent horror novella. Try that.
>>
File: twentydaysofturin.widea.jpg (96KB, 606x404px) Image search: [Google]
twentydaysofturin.widea.jpg
96KB, 606x404px
>>9427212
The Twenty Days of Turin
>>
Lol at these pretentious douchebags. Just read Stephen King like a non-virgin.
>>
i really like Nathan Ballingrud's weird fiction short stories, great stuff even if he drops the ball at the ending half the time
>>
File: ARMD-369.0-48-20.423.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ARMD-369.0-48-20.423.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
>>
>>9429077
Ditto on that. Great story.

>>9427212
If you don't mind more experimental, postmodern stuff, give House of Leaves a shot. It's challenging but rewarding, and I found it to be a quite effective horror story.
>>
>>9428093
>novels
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.