[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get /lit/. What do you guys think of self improvement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (106KB, 600x948px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 600x948px
I want to get /lit/. What do you guys think of self improvement books like pic related? Is it worth buying?
>>
>>9426981
It'll only work if you have the motivation and confidence to carry out the suggestions in the book. So if you're a shy autist, it probably won't help you at all. You need to have some sort of gung ho first.
>>
>>9426981
they're good to gain perspective and have "paradigm shifts". I've been on a bent to read as many self-help books as possible and I recommend the following:
>No Excuse by Brian Tracy
>How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
>The Power of Habits by Charles Duhigg

I can recommend some other books but they might be less well-written as the book above
>>
>>9427010
Go ahead and recommend them. I gotta improve in any way possible.
>>
>>9426981
The bible is the best self improvement book.
>>
>>9426981
>Is it worth buying?

It's a self-help book. What do you think?
>>
>>9426990

I read half of it(how to win friends & influence people) and realized I'd never be able to fake giving a fuck about other people and listening to them tell me about their boring lives/interests.
>>
> non-literary book from 1936

just its language alone will make you want to kill yourself
>>
>>9427103

The Satanic Bible, maybe. The load of shit christians pretend to read won't do you any good.
>>
>>9427209
If you've read the gospels, you'll know that they are good suggestions. Don't be retarded.
>>
>>9427156
Exactly, it's just about being a certain kind of person that you have to force upon yourself. Not everyone can do that so it's not a great book for someone who doesn't like doing that kind of faking shit.
>>
Don't do it! Fuck this book! Because of it i can't talk about myself without the feeling that i just want expose my ego.
>>
>>9426981
Think And Grow Rich

The Slight Edge

As A Man Thinketh

There's a wonderful book from 1898 called "An Iron Will" by Orison Swett Marden.

And everything by Dale.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.