[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally read my first Doestoevsky (Notes from the Underground),

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Finally read my first Doestoevsky (Notes from the Underground), and now I want to learn Russian. Is this a normal response to his work?
>>
It was for me. A year on and I can now read YA level books in Russian and am working my way up.

I could have gotten here faster had I known anything about learning languages
>>
>>9426194
No. You are just an edgy fag who will give up on the
>le russian xD
idea tomorrow.
>>
Yeah, but don't bother.
I advise not learning a language unless you REALLY need it and CAN use it
>>
>>9426220
Why do you advise this?
>>
>>9426223
Because without people who speak it teaching it to you it will be an arduous process which will result in you forgetting the language before even reaching a decent level.
>>
>>9426227
This. Not to mention that you won't be motivated to learn it if it has no use to you.
>>
>>9426231
>>9426227

Undisciplined untermensch.

If you require motivation to devote time to something you will never succeed in accomplishing anything. Rot in mediocrity. Language learning isn't that hard. You can seek out people to speak with, make friends, read books. Hell, if your main goal is to read then you can maintain your reading level without ever speaking the language just be regularly reading in the language.
>>
>>9426238
I can smell a neet with mild delusions.
What you described are people with a level of b1 who think their language skills are untouchable.
>>
>>9426238
>If you require motivation to devote time to something you will never succeed in accomplishing anything
Le sigh. This is wishful thinking. If you do stuff, it is because you are motivated and passionate. If you're not motivated, it went take long for you to give up. This applies to everyone, even fedora tippers on the internet like you
>>
>>9426255
>>9426265

Motivation is functionally meaningless in any endeavour that will take a long time. Habit is much more important. That motivation fades quickly in almost all cases is a psychological fact. Passion will not sustain anyone for more than a few weeks.

That you need passion is just something lazy people tell themselves.

>i-if I was motivated to do it I could
>>
>>9426277
>Habit is much more important
Habit is created by motivation, snepeh.
>>
>>9426194
Dislike him. A cheap sensationalist, clumsy and vulgar. A prophet, a claptrap journalist and a slapdash comedian. Some of his scenes are extraordinarily amusing. Nobody takes his reactionary journalism seriously.
>>
>>9426278

Habit is created by doing something regularly and consistently.
>>
After I read it I felt like I'd been ran over by a hearse that was carrying corpses of children who died of loneliness.

Off-topic: English is not my native tongue, I had to google "Corpse Car" to come up with the surprisingly nice word for a vehicle that moves dead bodies around. In my language it would just be a corpsecar.
>>
>>9426281
go away nabby
>>
>>9426194
My response to Dostoevsky and Tolstoy was, among other things, to want to drink vodka and tea from a samovar.
>>
>>9426231
ANd even if you manage to learn it you can't keep up your skill and it will deteriorate because you never use the language
>>
Reading Russian lit in general just makes me glad I wasn't born a serf in 19th century Russia.
>>
>>9426385
>>9426385

All you need are a few Russian friends anon. It's not as if there aren't a hundred million of them
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.