[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else ever read these as a kid? When I think back to my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: RedwallUSCover.jpg (43KB, 350x523px) Image search: [Google]
RedwallUSCover.jpg
43KB, 350x523px
Anyone else ever read these as a kid? When I think back to my early ventures into the world of literature I am immediately reminded of Redwall. At the age of 12 or 13, Brian Jacque's world was to me a perfect platter of adventure and intrigue, without compromising the maturity of the characters and their relationships with each other. I do not understand why authors who write with the young reader in mind oft think him incapable of understanding situations beyond the extremely simplistic and fickle. I want to thank Brian Jacques for proving that a book can be kid-friendly, without being childish.

“Knowledge is a thing that one cannot have enough of. It is the fruit of wisdom, to be eaten carefully and digested fully, unlike that lunch you are bolting down, little friend.”
>>
My favorite books growing up.
>>
I only started reading lit as an early pubescent, and I was really into Redwall when I was in high school. Miraculously I've managed to find (and purchase) several copies of the books with Brian Jacques' signature inside, which I found in thrift stores. Whenever I'm in a thrift store and I see anything by him, I always check the title cover. You never know.
>>
>>9426471
He signed all books sold directly from the website, i have one for Marlfox.
>>
I loved them too, was very excited when i heard they made a cartoon but then it turned out more tame than the books.

I started reading Lord Brocktree i got from the school book fair at 10 because it had a cool cover of a badger fighting a cat. Didn't expect all that violence
>>
I started reading Redwall as a grown ass man just because I like Mouse Guard so much

I did not expect similar leves of violence.
>>
>>9425947
I watched the show then red Redwall and another one that had a badger on the front. Both awesome books and a great show
>>
I always thought the world building was really good for a YA book. I still think I own 4-5 books from the series that are somewhere in storage.
>>
I loved these when I was little kid. I couldn't get enough of Ram Tacketytam (I have no clue if I spelled that correctly).
>>
This and those Warriors cats books were all I read when I was growing up.
>>
very fond of these when i was growing up. every summer we used to drive a few provinces over and visit my grandparents and i would always get a new redwall book before the drive over.
>>
>>9426900
Rackety Tam you pleb
>>
>>9425947
Summer is hitting hard this year.
>>
> I want to thank Brian Jacques for proving that a book can be kid-friendly, without being childish.

It was Madeleine L'Engle who did that for me. Susan Cooper too. I wish modern kids' books were still trying to make kids use their brains.
>>
This series was always the biggest cocktease as a kid. There were already a million of the books out when I'd got around to reading the series past the first two, and my school's library always had the next one I needed checked out when I finished one. Then I'm pretty sure he did some side stories and prequel bullshit when I was getting out of grade school.

Just thinking about the frustration of not being able to read a series at my own pace is making me visibly upset in my chair.

>>9429279
>Madeleine L'Engle
My man. Wrinkle in Time series was my jam along with that other female protagonist kids series with the dragons (as a guilty pleasure) Dealing with Dragons or whatever it was (Patricia C. Wrede).
>>
My older sister had all the books so I read a few in 5th grade and was very into the world. Can't remember many specifics about them now, but Redwall and Salamandastron were my favorites.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.