[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bbg/ book burning general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5589.jpg (15KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5589.jpg
15KB, 290x174px
ITT: We list and discuss books/authors we have not read and refuse to read.

>"On The Road"
>"The Bell Jar"
>Steven King
>Margaret Atwood
>Susan Sontag
>Anything written by Chuck Palahnuik after "Invisable Monsters"
>Poetry (all kinds)
>Anything on the NYT bestsellers list.
>>
>>9425239
>Ego and Its Own
Seriously, I threw it away after trying to read it. Maybe I'm just too stupid to understand Stirner.
>>
>"Live From Golgotha" -Vidal
I don't specifically dislike Gore Vidal, but I ripped this book in half after a few chapters in. Who exactly is the target audience of religious satire?
>>
File: 1473591447904.gif (4MB, 656x616px) Image search: [Google]
1473591447904.gif
4MB, 656x616px
Junot Diaz

"One can never read too little of bad, or too much of good books: bad books are intellectual poison; they destroy the mind.

In order to read what is good one must make it a condition never to read what is bad; for life is short, and both time and strength limited"
>>
>>9425264
I've seen her books at almost every shitty house party I've ever been to, and each was in pristine unread condition.
>>
>>9425239

>Harry Potter

Everybody was raving about this pile shit. I got the first book and read 35 or so pages and threw it in the trash. I picked it out the next day and gave it away to some moron.
>>
>>9425239
Pity you assign Sontag to the flames, especially her younger stuff when she was sweetly naive and full of a love for books. The teeny essay collection Under the Sign of Saturn is solidly interesting, and includes her famous essay on kitsch. Also, her 50 or so pages account of her trip to North Vietnam while the war was going on is well worth reading.
>>
>>9425239
>Poetry (all kinds)
Ultimo turbopleb. Irredeemable
>>
>>9425239
>Poetry (all kinds)
wow. ok. ok. just... wow.
>>
File: bern.jpg (8KB, 236x226px) Image search: [Google]
bern.jpg
8KB, 236x226px
>it's a thread where retards proudly declare they actively do not read
Finally /lit/ has reached it's final form.
>>
Murakami.

I read him once (Norwegian Wood), and that was just enough. Will never read him again, ever.

Also Junot Diaz. Never read him, never will.
>>
>>9425239
Any reason for the Kerouac disdain?
>>
>>9425305
Fine.
Rilke gets a pass.
>>
>>9425289
>Junot Diaz
>"her"
>>
>>9425329
Yep, everyone I've ever met who wanted me to read "On The Road" was an insufferable cunt.
>>
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
Altas Shrugged
The God Delusion
Freakonomics
Guns, Germs, and Steel
How to Win Friends and Influence People
>>
>>9425239
Infinite Jest
>>
Dickens. I get why people like him, but Jesus Christ his books are dry. Even his (relatively) short works are a slog. I like the central plot, and the characters, but his writing style is like nails on chalkboard.
>>
>>9425239
>Poetry (all kinds)

You didn't deserve Tennyson, anyway.

There lies the port; the vessel puffs her sail:
There gloom the dark, broad seas. My mariners,
Souls that have toil'd, and wrought, and thought with me—
That ever with a frolic welcome took
The thunder and the sunshine, and opposed
Free hearts, free foreheads—you and I are old;
Old age hath yet his honour and his toil;
Death closes all: but something ere the end,
Some work of noble note, may yet be done,
Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.