[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Freelance Writing Opportunities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Annie Hams.jpg (143KB, 544x288px) Image search: [Google]
Annie Hams.jpg
143KB, 544x288px
I'm going to be graduating from an MA program next week then immediately going on vacation to another country. I don't have any jobs lined up for when I get back yet, but I'm not terribly worried. I have enough saved up that I'll probably be fine.

However, for the next month, I'll have a lot of free time, and I was wondering if anybody knew of good freelance writing opportunities.
>>
You're the fuckhead with the MA. Shouldn't YOU be the one who knows about writing opportunities?
>>
>>9425105
Why should I? I've been off in my own little bubble reading Derrida and Walter Benjamin for two years. Notice that I didn't say MFA or MA in technical writing.
>>
I'm already enthralled by your entitlement and writing style. I will give you a hundred thousand dollars to continue posting.
>>
>>9425112
Sorry didn't mean to sound entitled. I see how it comes off that way now. Really I want to get into grant-writing so I can work in non-profit administration, but I'd also like to get some copywriting experience and figured I'd get some experience while on vacation.
>>
>>9425117
Fascinating.

So infinite Jest is the best book ever, right?
>>
>>9425130
DFW isn't really that popular anymore. The younger wave of professors talks about how they're the last generation to have really appreciated him, and even they qualify that it's kind of embarrassing to them.

I just like plays. Mostly Spanish Golden Age stuff and modernist playwrights. I don't really read novels in my free time, just lit crit and plays I guess. I like a couple DFW short stories though. The one about the kid jumping off of the high dive is my favorite.
>>
>>9425140
was just kinda looking for a, "Yes"
>>
>>9425145
Yeah, but that's like, not my opinion man.
>>
>>9425190
you have an MA dude, get used to people not caring about your opinion.
>>
>>9425193
I mean I don't care what you think about my opinion. Most of them are bad. I just want advice on which freelance writing boards are worth my time, or if you can still do freelance book summary writing.
>>
>>9425203
Because that is what /lit/ is famous for: practical advice on professional writing.
>>
>>9425205
I mean it was worth a shot. I see a lot of aspiring writers on here. I figured some of them probably tried freelance writing since Starbucks doesn't pay that well.
>>
>>9425109
Jealous of your MA program, anon, what little I've learned about those dudes I've loved. Are there any contemporary writers who discuss the flaneur in their writing?

Oh yeah, your question. Look up journals and the like, I dunno, googling who publishes freelance work is probably a better bet than asking here.
>>
>>9425238
Honestly, I just focused on their writings on violence, the Bible, and Benjamin's work on theatre. I vaguely know what the flaneur is, but I can't really give you any leads there.

Yeah I'll check and see if I can find anything on Google. I already have a little bit, but again, I'll have more time in a week.
>>
>>9425095
Craigslist usually has a lot under the writing section, at least in my area. Might be worth checking there.
>>
File: forthegloryofSatanofcourse.jpg (41KB, 492x600px) Image search: [Google]
forthegloryofSatanofcourse.jpg
41KB, 492x600px
>>9425095
have you ever seen those websites by graphic artists, complaining about how clients don't want to pay them for various reasons? "drawing pictures, that's not real work".. "i could do that but i don't have the time".. "you do this for fun, right?".. "you'll be paid in exposure"... etc.

writers are now in the same hole. every single person on the planet with a blog considers themself a cross between Hemingway and Hunter Thompson, spewing juvenile ejecta into the void like broken sewage lines. the work of good writers gets drowned in the flood. the skill that competent writers could once bring to the field doesn't matter as long as you can do social networking and you have a following on twitter.

my advice to you would be to learn how to operate the fries cooker before a robot takes that job, too.
>>
>>9425595
I mean long term the plan is to go into non-profit administration. I have experience writing grants and running data for tracking outcomes for the United Way and other funders.

I just want to see if I can earn a little spending money while I'm out of the country while I diversify my skills. I'm not at all surprised that it's a shit market though.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.