[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gravitys Rainbow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Gravitys_rainbow_cover.jpg (103KB, 392x574px) Image search: [Google]
Gravitys_rainbow_cover.jpg
103KB, 392x574px
What's to with all the toilet diving and shit eating and other unpleasantries?
I thought this was supposed to be a "Great American Novel", not some treatise on scatological interests during WW2
>>
Shit is a zany reference to literature readers
>>
>>9423358
Those things happen one time each in 760 pages
>>
File: der_Fünffachnullpunkt.jpg (210KB, 800x782px) Image search: [Google]
der_Fünffachnullpunkt.jpg
210KB, 800x782px
what's with the pie fight from the hot air balloon while dressed in a plush pig costume? what the hell is with that seance? why is slothrop's father trying to kill his son in a city of the future where buildings can move?

why are they putting that boy inside the nose-cone of a rocket?

i thought this was supposed to be a "great american novel", not a drunken ether binge.
>>
>>9424834
Unabashedly posting spoilers like that is lame, hombre. But yeah OP is a dummie
>>
>>9424834
The pie fight takes place about 300 pages before Slothrop gets in the pig suit. F Y I
>>
Le quirky po-mo :DDD.
>>
>>9423358
>people get offended at shit eating
>people don't care about the frolicking satire taking place during the Holocaust
Take it easy, kid. Heh
>>
>>9424834
>I hate fun
>>
>>9423358
>"""great""" american novel
>is about sharting
why are you exactly surpirsed?
>>
>>9424935
What did he shart by this
>>
>>9423358
Literally only a tiny fraction of a very large book, OP. Read the whole thing if you're currently reading it and then you're bound to understand why people respect this gargantuan book, even if they don't necessarily enjoy/understand it.

- There's beautiful passages and prose that is more rewarding and understandable each time you re-read it.
- The extended and abstract metaphors and stream of consciousness is fascinating, despite its complexity and difficulty. You'll probably find lines you enjoyed even if you don't know what they mean.
- It's genuinely funny and disturbing. The narrative sequences you can follow are absurdist and humorous. The humour can be so esoteric and multi-layered that a simple amusing moment can hold so much substance.
- Great time period and setting that is contorted into something that is sometimes desolate and exaggerated, and sometimes intimate.
- Gets better with every reading of it.
>>
>>9423358
pynchon's just some dude telling you some fun stories and sometimes there's literary merit but mostly it's just a blast like yeah sure pig costumes why not dude pychon you fuckin furry
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.