[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kafka

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Kafka_portrait.jpg (15KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
Kafka_portrait.jpg
15KB, 220x293px
There is no "existentialist" author like him
>>
There is no author like him period. You can not write in his style, only imitate it poorly.
His entire subjective experience of the world was art, everything about it. This is clear in his letters and his diairies
>>
File: Franz_Kafka_1917.jpg (21KB, 255x340px) Image search: [Google]
Franz_Kafka_1917.jpg
21KB, 255x340px
Only a few short works and they still have a depth most 400 page novels fail to realize. He's clear and succinct but very rarely in your face and everything can be mulled over again and again.
On top of that he's funny as fuck.
I would be extatic if some lost two page short story written by Kafka was found. I love this fucking guy.
>>
>>9422727
Supposedly there may be some new notebooks getting dug up in old SS archives or something.
>>
>>9422733
notebooks are in israel, the librarians got legal control of them last year and are going through them now. not clear yet if there's anything new
>>
So much art and entertainment owes a debt to Kafka, it is absurd. He would absolutely hate it too
>>
I wonder what the works of a 60 year old Kafka would have been like.
>>
>>9422582
You pseudo-intellectual sophist. You Sartre-loving fagboy. Eat some more you shrivel-dick shrimp man. Revisit the ancients before I transcend reality, cross into the ether, and personally put your dick in the dirt. I'm gonna recite the Greek tragedians until you love me, queer.
>>
File: Albert Camus.jpg (15KB, 537x360px) Image search: [Google]
Albert Camus.jpg
15KB, 537x360px
*blocks your path*

Not so fast, kid.
>>
the power of kafka's work is so beyond mere "existentialism"
>>
>>9422798
This is true. Kafka is NOT a humanist
>>
>>9422733
That's pretty exciting, although the first article I could find only showed two pages of Kafka's Hebrew notebook, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up disappointed.
>>
>>9422809
Explain further?
>>
>>9422765
he would've died in the holocaust desu
>>
>>9422836
>>9422765
he would have written the great holocaust comedy
>>
>>9422836

Assuming in this scenario he hadn't become ill as per his original death, he probably would have been sent to a work camp. Young men had a greater chance of survival because they were more useful, unlike the many women, children, and older folk who were exterminated with expediency.
>>
>>9422836
We had plans to emigrate to Palestine, but that fell through. If he hadn't contracted TBC, there would be "In the Kibbuz colony".
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 645x773px
Reminder that /pol/hacks would have killed Kafka.
>>
OP
>>9422790
I've only read The Myth of Sisyphus and I found it meh so I didn't even bothered to continue... if The Stranger is good say it
>>9422798
I agree, that's why I used quotations marks, but I can't come up with a better word (but I think that if you use it in a heideggerian sense it fits very good)
>>
>>9423339
The Stranger is a masterpiece.
>>
>>9422571
Why'd you put the word "existentialist" in scare quotes? ?
>>
OP
>>9423802
this
>>9423339
>>
Is Kafka the one writer who everyone on /lit/ can agree is good?
>>
>>9425452
Doubtful
>>
>>9422836
no way, Hitler was a fan of Kafka and actually went out of his way to make sure some people lived.
>>
>>9422571
Melville did LITERALLY everything kafka did and better, in just one story
>>
>>9425549
What story niqqa
>>
>>9425569
bartleby
>>
>>9425543

Source
>>
>>9425606
That's not at all what Kafka did.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.