[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this board in a nutshell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1486372905039.jpg (266KB, 949x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486372905039.jpg
266KB, 949x800px
this board in a nutshell
>>
Which one applies to /lit/? I think it is the top right.
>>
>>9422511
Both
>>
>>9422511
You'd hope so, but there are too many posts calling things pretentious here to give enough evidence for it.
>>
>>9422517
>You'd hope so
You got that part right, I dislike people like Sloterdijk with his big words and people like Zizek which never seem to come to conclusions.

It seems /lit/ loves those kind of guys.
>>
>>9422528
They love them precisely because they never come to any conclusion.
>>
>>9422538
they just ramble on and on and so on and so on
>>
>>9422558
Of course.

It is quite funny to be honest. I am from Slovenia, and our entire cultural community knows that Zizek is a addict who likes to speak for hours without making a single conclusion. He can not sell himself in Slovenia, but for some reason Western leftists adore him.
>>
>>9422579
Cioran once said that when he lived in Paris and his money ran out, he had to go to salons and dinner parties four times a week to keep himself fed and "repaid" his hosts by playing the intellectual court jester. Zizek is basically that, just on a larger scale. He's popular for public discussions and so on because he always says the funniest things and is delightfully contrarian.
>>
>>9422579
Recc me some other Slovenian philosopher
>>
>>9422579
This is actually the case for nearly every single 'thought leader' in the world. They're laughed at in their own country but for some reason abroad they're taken super seriously which sometimes turns into their home country taking them seriously because "look they're believing him so he must have something to say!"
Everyone else never really gains a following outside of a very small group.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.