[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What books have the greatest intensity of emotion? Among the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: thusspakezarathustra.jpg (93KB, 487x630px) Image search: [Google]
thusspakezarathustra.jpg
93KB, 487x630px
What books have the greatest intensity of emotion? Among the books that I've read, I would have to name Thus Spake Zarathustra and Moby Dick. I read both of these books alone without distractions and literally thought my mind and heart were about to explode
>>
End of The Catcher in the Rye
>>
>>9421747
anything by Thomas Ligotti, specially The Bungalow House and his poem I Have A Special Plan For This World
>>
William Blake's Jerusalem
>>
>>9422016
Really? Maybe I should get into him. I always thought he was just an immature edgy writer. Too many /lit/ memes probably. What would you suggest I start with, and what would you say his best work is?
>>
>>9422076
>edgy
That word has been so overused it means nothing, but i honest to god can't see it being used on Ligotti, all of his stories rarely even go past PG. Is just being a pessimist now edgy?

anyway, if you want to read his fiction, start with Teatro Grottesco, it has The Bungalow House and a bunch of other amazing stories (The Town Manager, The Clown Puppet, the title story and The Shadow The Darkness also all come to mind), the book is a straight 10/10. However so is his first book Songs Of A Dead Dreamer which is a little less refined but the stories are far more varied (Teatro is one third degraded town, one third Kafka worship and one third subtle satire of transgressive art communities, although by no means does this make the stories the same, while Songs Of A Dead Dreamer is all over the place and can range from confusing experimental horror masquerading as an essay to straight forward dark fantasy). If you want his poetry then I Have A Special Plan is undeniably his best work and pretty much no one is gonna tell you otherwise. His nonfiction is pretty great if you fancy Schopenhauer and Zapffe.
>>
>>9422106
Yeah I know, the word "edgy" is a pretty dumb reason to not read someone. Thanks man, I'll get on it.
>>
>>9421747
about to finish Zarathsutra, I think it's wonderfully written but I'm not finding it genuinely passionate.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.