[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Idolaf_Battle-Born.png (389KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
Idolaf_Battle-Born.png
389KB, 300x500px
Dostoevsky or Tolstoy?
>>
>>9421123
Dosto.. although Anna Karenina is comfy af, and the only Tolstoy I've read, so my opinion is moot.
>>
>>9421123
Dostoyevsky. The Brothers Karamazov is the greatest book ever written.
>>
Tolstoy. He's not boring.
>>
I remember Norm Macdonald calling Dostoevsky a "middling talent" compared to Tolstoy.
Both are great.
>>
>>9421123
Tolstoyevsky
>>
>>9421123
Dostoevsky is a fucking dwarf compared to Tolstoy

Dosto himself even acknowledged he is forever in the shadow of Tolstoy

Dostoevsky useless endless trite moralistic pandering

His dialogue is good and would have been better as plays not novels

He barely describes scenery or environments

He is a playwright trying to masquerade as a novelist
>>
>>9421175
>His dialogue is good and would have been better as plays not novels
This t b h

Love the man, but wish he'd stuck to the stage.

He could have been a Russian Shakespeare if he concentrated on that instead of his books.
>>
After reading all the major works of both authors it has to be Tolstoy.
>>
File: orthodox_converts.jpg (108KB, 713x713px) Image search: [Google]
orthodox_converts.jpg
108KB, 713x713px
Tolstoy for Atheists and Dostoyevsky for Christians.
>>
Pushkin
>>
>>9421233
>Tolstoy for Atheists and Dostoyevsky for Christians.

But that's bullshit and you know it, Tolstoy's ascetic, pacifist and "lonely" Christianity was a lot closer to the religion explained in the Bible than the orthodoxy propagated by Dostoyevsky.
>>
>>9421254
Explained by Jesus not The Bible per se since The Bible is for the Church in general.
>>
>>9421233
Cringe image
>>
>>9421267
It's only cringe if you don't realize it's a joke.
>>
File: 138686559882.jpg (13KB, 469x359px) Image search: [Google]
138686559882.jpg
13KB, 469x359px
Tolstoi is the right answer but I'd be lying if I didn't say Dostoyevski.
>>
Tolstoy is far superior to Dostevsky as a writer.

Personally, I prefer Tolstoy but both are my two favourite authors.
>>
File: Idolaf.png (269KB, 399x300px) Image search: [Google]
Idolaf.png
269KB, 399x300px
>>9421141
I should bash your face in for what you've done.
>>
Dostoevsky because he doesn't self insert in chapters and explain why historical figures were wrong.
>>
Dosty because I'm a pleb.
>>
>>9421302
>Dostoevsky because he doesn't self insert in chapters

Have you read even 1 book by him? He literally self inserts and his ideological views are always in at least one main character. Actually all his characters are just different ideologies personified, caricatures even.
>>
>>9421302
he bashes idealists like nobody's business
>>
Anybody who reads Tolstoy or Dostoevsky without having read the bible is just wasting his time
>>
>>9421363
I'd say more:
Anybody who reads Tolstoy or Dostoevsky without having deep knowledge of Russian culture is just wasting his time
>>
Anyone reading this thread has wasted his time
>>
>>9421123
Dostoevsky, ignore the Tolstoy fangirls
>>
Turgenev. God I love Turgenev.
>>
>>9421233
Why nietzsche i dont get it
>>
>>9421878
Every fedora atheist starts with Nietzsche their "journey" into philosophy.
>>
>>9421882
Thats weird nietzsche would detest those pll
>>
Nabokov
>>
>>9421233
>tolstoy for athiests
maybe for atheists to turn into Christians after seeing how much joy it brings Levin in Anna Kerinina
>>
>>9421892
Nietzsche might be the most misunderstood philosopher in popular culture and edgy idiots propagate this continuously.
>>
>>9421902
>Joy
>implying the suicide wasn't the true athepill and the only genuine sublime moment of the whole rotten book
you can't read, anyway. Levin displayed "joy" because he mowed the grass with the dirt with whom he belonged. he was a pleb.
>>
>>9421247
This, then Bely. Then Turgenev.
>>
Pasternak
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.