[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished reading this. What are other books that feature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Just finished reading this.

What are other books that feature horrifyingly disfigured characters?
>>
mdd
>>
God I fucking love that book.
Well, it's not the main character or anything, and I can't really say it, or I'd give away the ending, but Check out Bangkok 8- but, to be fair, it's not a HUGE part of the story, but it's really fucking satisfying.
>>
Thousand Cranes
>>
Trumbo's Johnny got his Gun comes to mind.
>>
>>9420764
I couldn't get through this
>>
>>9420764
Kafka's Metamorphosis of course.
Blood Meridian had a part where a guy was dying from Consumption and he became quite disfigured. Any apocalyptic book should feature a disfigured character. The plays The Elephant Man (I forget the author's name but if you don't know who The Elephant man is for some reason, the play doesn't describe what he looks like, go look up an image on the internet), The Green Stocking by Kobo Abe are two I've read that come to mind.

The man who turned into a stick by Kobo Abe, Endgame by Samuel Beckett and maybe Rhinoceros by Eugene Ionesco (because why not) I've never read them but should probably be mentioned.
>>
>>9423303
Me either, which is rare

Terrible book
>>
The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux.

Phantom by Susan Kay is a very good retelling of the original story that goes into the Phantom's childhood and early life before he moved into the opera house, and then reworks the original book from his point of view. It deals more with the Phantom's disfigurement and how it affects him than the original does.
>>
>>9422209
>>9420764
Johnny got his guns has some great parts. Not to give much away but you never think of how important your outward senses are and what the world would be to you if they were all taken. The trouble of knowing if something is true or a dream. Really some scary parts in that book in my opinion.
>>
It's genre trash but that Thomas Covenant shit iirc. Dude is a leper. Then again I didn't read too much and can't recommend it, but if you're into that fetish then there you go.

>>9424957
>The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux.

Fucking loved this book.
>>
In the Miso Soup
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.