[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you apply to real life lessons learned from literature? Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Do you apply to real life lessons learned from literature? Do you perhaps adopt specific outlooks on life, mimic mannerisms of favorite characters, or seek a partner based on idealism derived from literary pieces of choice?

Ive never met someone who let literature envelope his own self, beyond just the mind. Most merely consume literature as a passing form of entertainment, to be taken in and swiftly replaced and forgotten by something else, while retaining only a handful of the information consumed, if at all.

Why is this? Could this be the reason why modern literature has stagnated and doomed to discuss only concepts of the futures of Artificial Intelligence and various social commentary?
>>
>>9420713
What the fuck are you blabbering on about?
>mimic mannerisms of favorite characters, or seek a partner based on idealism derived from literary pieces of choice?
Is that your definition of lessons learned?
You'd have to be completely autistic to think that anything that is actually worth picking up form literature can be directly applied to real life without any attempt at critical thought.
>>
>>9420713
>shakespeare for both england AND scotland
i fucking hate england so fucking much
>>
>>9421190
>Scots have to claim Shakespeare because otherwise they'd have some shit like Burns
>THEY hate US
Scots
>>
>>9421176
I think he was just offering relatable examples, desu
>>
Stupid pic. Turkey has a writer and Russia doesn't? And who's that Croatian guy?
>>
File: tolstoy5.jpg (16KB, 179x211px) Image search: [Google]
tolstoy5.jpg
16KB, 179x211px
>>9421196
>Burns is shit
nigga
>>
>>9420713

>Turkey in Europe
>>
>>9420713
> tfw you can't recognize many of those guys

Feels pleb man. Anyone got a complete list?
>>
>>9421202
>What is the european continent
>>
>>9421237
Ivan Vazov for Bulgaria, but I don;t agree with it
>>
>>9421359
>Europe-Asia border is said to follow the Aegean Sea, the Turkish Straits, the Black Sea, along the watershed of the Greater Caucasus, the northwestern portion of the Caspian Sea and along the Ural River and Ural Mountains to the Arctic Ocean.
>>
>>9421237
Goethe for Germany, Dante for Italy, Cervantes for Spain, perhaps Scheuchzer for Switzerland (too small), Shakespeare for UK, the Irish guy doesn't look like Joyce or Yeats
>>
>>9421388
Irish chap is Thomas Moore
>>
>>9421237
Moliere for France.
>>
>>9421359
russia is european, you stupid anglo
>>
>>9421237
https://europeisnotdead.com/disco/books-of-europe/european-writers/
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.