[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Swedish lit is worth checking out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

What Swedish lit is worth checking out?
>>
Pas.
>>
>>9419486
want me to redpill you on Sweden? I've loads of infographs I've collected on /pol/ over the years
>>
>>9419488
Is that a name or are you declining to answer?
>>
>>9419486
There's a book called Doktor Glas which is pretty good, feels a bit like Crime and Punishment. It's really short and I would recommend it. It's available in English as well.

Beyond that, they have a lot of detective fiction which might not be considered literature but is still a fun read.

If you're into literary film or watching plays, Ingmar Bergman is held by many to be one of the best directors. You'd probably be reading subtitles, but he has plenty of great films, and directed a classic lit as movies or plays. I would recommend Smustronstallet(spelling is a little off) or The Seventh Seal, or Fanny and Alexander.
>>
>>9419486

Everything Strindberg has ever written. If you're into plays, he was a revolutionary figure, especially in his later plays (A Dream Play, The Road to Damascus), but his novels are very good as well - The Red Room in particular has some of the greatest acerbic satire I've read. If you're going to pick up a novel by him, don't do it haphazardly, He went insane in his mid-forties, around 1894-1896, and it shows in his writing, especially in Inferno, but you can see the seeds of insanity already in the autobiographical "In Defense of the Fool" that came some time before his crisis. That his work from this period is insane doesn't mean it's bad, far from it, it just makes much more sense to read it last, as that will illuminate that there is some method to his madness. Reading it right off the bat might leave you with the false impression that he was just "lol so randumb xD".

I'd say start with either The Red Room or Giftas. I see just now that Bergman has been mentioned, it's worthwhile to mention that Bergman considered Strindberg one of his his greatest inspirations.
>>
>>9419495
That's French for nothing
>>
>>9420788
I'm the person from the post above yours. I knew I was forgetting something somehow. Strindberg is phenomenal. A Dreamplay is probably one of my favorite texts.
>>
>>9419486
Felix sugär hestkuk
>>
>>9420788
Besides this, Pär Lagerkvist. In particular Barabbas and The Dwarf. Both are fairly short.
>>
Seconding Lagerkvist and Strindberg.
Per Anders Fogelström and Fredrika Bremer are both great, but it seems pretty hard to find translations of Fogelström.
>>
>>9419486
The quran
>>
>>9419491
underrated.
>>
>>9420791
It's also French for footstep.
>>
>>9421213
It's also Dutch for a pass or a step, but neither of that all would make sense.
>>
Hope you grew up reading Lindgren, OP
>>
Aase Berg
>>
>>9421303
No desu, it was all Roald Dahl in my house.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.