[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Dale Carnagy worth it if you're not completely autostic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: DaleCarnegie-2Books.jpg (32KB, 360x180px) Image search: [Google]
DaleCarnegie-2Books.jpg
32KB, 360x180px
Is Dale Carnagy worth it if you're not completely autostic?
>>
Autostic lel.
>>
>>9415359
Gotta do a bit more than laff at your own autism, op...
>>
>>9415357
I think you need to work your way up to those books, start here
>>
>>9415357
>tfw i've actually read dale carnegie
i'm embarrassed that i ever felt it necessary to read him tbqh
>>
>>9415759
Was it useful at least?
>>
>>9415762
not really
iirc it was more about how to keep a conversation going, whereas my problem always was starting a conversation with people

what actually helped was that a group of classmates invited me to get lunch with them, i became a peripheral part of the group, and was able to improve my social skills through practice
>>
>>9415780
A book can't help autism, friend. Only socialization. But, for the non-autistic, it is quite useful.
>>
How to become a door mat: the complete guide
>>
Book is very overrated. If advice is very general, it'll only help you if you're an absolute retard. If you want to learn how to network better there are specific resources for that. If you want to be wittier, there are specific resources on that. etc.
>>
>Cultivate an interest in other people.
You can skip the book now.
>>
>>9415357
The more autostic you are the less worthy it is.
>>
In my opinion, no. I've listened to the audiobook and it's basically this >>9416078
Then I picked up 50 Rules of Power and it's the complete opposite. How come all these writers are actually more autistic than their readers? Why are they unable to compromise, find common ground and not just follow one rigorous maxim? That's not how socializing works.
>>
>>9417270

50 ROF is not so much direct interaction, it's more general stuff if you want to become the next Napoleon or something. HTIPAMF is more small stuff you can use in your everyday life for people around you - and it's not bad at that, I myself was using some of it's tips already and knew really likeable people that were using other tips therein too
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.