[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oblivion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: oblivion.jpg (15KB, 231x346px) Image search: [Google]
oblivion.jpg
15KB, 231x346px
About to start it, thoughts?

Also im new to /lit/ so idk if this is a meme.
>>
>>9415297
morrowind was better
>>
>>9415302
Why do you say that?
>>
I guess Oblivion was a bold attempt but ultimately failed because it wasn't polished enough. Most of its characters were quite ugly and unlikable, and a lot of it felt empty.
>>
>>9415310
im going to be in the mountains for three months, what else would you suggest by him? whats your favorite and why?
>>
>>9415316
not him and havent read oblivion but i can say that a supposedly fun thing and broom of the system would both be good books to take up to the mountains.
>>
File: 1466953072830.jpg (58KB, 780x653px) Image search: [Google]
1466953072830.jpg
58KB, 780x653px
>>9415316
I'm not >>9415310 but I'm pretty sure he's pulling your leg and building up on >>9415302 's joke.

On a serious note, I really liked "A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again". I think it's Wallace at his best when it comes to the essay format, and his essay on cruise ships is awesome. You should definitely consider copping it if you like Wallace. I also find it easier to endure his fiction after reading his non-fiction.
>>
>>9415334
Essay on cruise ships?
>>
>>9415343
It's called 'On the (nearly lethal) comforts of a luxury cruise'. It was originally published on Harper's Magazine and it was the first DFW text I actually liked. It's a light, fun, insightful read on the experience of being aboard a luxury cruise ship.
>>
>>9415351
i thought it was called "a supposedly fun thing ill never do again"? or did they change it for the book?

but yeah OP, a supposedly fun thing is good. you might want to watch blue velvet and lost highways by david lynch beforehand though because there's an essay those films in it.
>>
>>9415354
I guess you're right, but according to Wikipedia: "In the title essay, originally published in Harper's as "Shipping Out", Wallace describes the excesses of his one-week trip in the Caribbean aboard the cruise ship MV Zenith, which he rechristens the Nadir."
>>
Good Old Neon is a GOAT
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.