[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where should I start with him, lit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Nietzsche187c.jpg (16KB, 220x331px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187c.jpg
16KB, 220x331px
Where should I start with him, lit?
>>
Start with the mesopotamians
>>
start with the amoeba
>>
>>9414361
Damn it.

Who were those idiots?
>>
>>9414364
In your asscrack I will.
>>
>>9414372
I'MMA FUCK YOU TIL YOU LOVE ME FAGGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPlvkyS1gy0
>>
>>9414355
Start wherever you like, you'll only end up where you started in the end
>>
>>9414375
hyahahahahah

wow, I wonder if Tyson's confidence was from real knowledge of his "power" or whatever it was he could do, or just from mere stupidity and the "blin blin" he had.

Pick the latter.
>>
>>9414395
Hah, gotcha there. Familiar to his theories i see.
>>
>>9414355
Start where he's easiest. He repeats himself frequently dont worry
>>
>>9414536
Well, then where is this "easiest" of his?
>>
>>9414784
Beyond Good and Evil and the Geneaology.
They're actually extremely deep, and truly deserve multiple readings and contemplation, still they're extremely entertaining.
Nietzsche was a great stylist, his prose is lively, witty and profound: I'm pretty sure you'll appreciate it.
The last books you should read are, in this order, The Gay Science (interesting as fuck, but very long and at times pretty hard to follow), Thus Spoke Zarathustra (his most complete work: start with this only if you already know how to read analytically and poetically philosophy) and Will to Power (every other book before this one was more or less a different point of view of TSZ, Will to Power is instead part of a new project, the reevaluation of all values, that Nietzsche never got to finish)

Read them once, put them down and reread them in a few years from now. Meanwhile study the Greeks.
>>
>>9414874
I will. These are the types of answers I love in 4chan, thank you, sir.
>>
>>9414874
Why this order?

Also, this Will to Power was never even started. Nietzsche wrote a few different outlines for it, and then his sister just used journal material to fill in one of those outlines. It's a pastiche non-book and should only be read with a keen awareness of the fact that it was cobbled together by other from rejects, experiments, and drafts.

To OP: if you're committed to reading Nietzsche's corpus, read it in chronological order. If not, I still recommend chronological order: Human ATH, Gay Science, Zarathustra, Beyond Good and Evil, Genealogy, Twilight of the Idols, Antichrist, and Ecce Homo are the essentials.

If you insist on picking one or two books, this poster's recommendations (BGE & GM) are ideal.
>>
>>9415080
Then I'll try reading Human ATH, and then the Genealogy.

I've been yearning for a long time to read Thus Spoke Zarathustra, but hell, I'm afraid I won't get shit.

Thanks to you too, man.
>>
S T A R T W I T H T H E G R E E K S
>>
>>9415080
BGE is a more structured version of TSZ: it's comprehensive of his entire philosophy. The Geneaology deals with some of its aphorisms, expanding them into 3 treatises.

I've explained the second order. The Gay Science is extremely long and it's not propedeutic to any of his other books, therefore he can wait before reading it. Thus Spoke Zarathustra is his most difficult book, he should deal with it after having internalized every other Nietzsche's idea. Will to Power, being something new, should be read after everything else in his ouvre.

>Also, this Will to Power was never even started. Nietzsche wrote a few different outlines for it, and then his sister just used journal material to fill in one of those outlines. It's a pastiche non-book and should only be read with a keen awareness of the fact that it was cobbled together by other from rejects, experiments, and drafts.
Modern editions of Will to Power are assembled by other academics using Nietzsche's autographs: what you're saying may have been true 80 years ago. If you're criteria for suspicion is the fact that he never released it, then you should avoid Ecce Homo and the Antichrist too, and be very skeptical of Twilight of the Idols, which was authorized to be published when Nietzsche was on the brink of insanity (Semptember 1889).

Also Will to Power is absolutely necessary to understand many of the monographies about Nietzsche the 2 most important being the Heidegger's and Deleuze's ones.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.