[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books similar to stranger things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7662.jpg (158KB, 510x755px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7662.jpg
158KB, 510x755px
I just got done watching this show, and would love to get some of the same spirit in lit form. I know this show isn't based on any book, but do you guys know of some, that share certain aspects with the show, and just feel equal? I loved the game earthbound btw. And it somehow reminds me of stranger things, so that might help.
>>
>>9412758
I've never watched this show but Stephen King and Kurt Vonnegut were authors that influenced earthbound and from what I can tell Stranger Things reeks of Stephen King.
>>
The series borrows or imitates or pays homage to a number of sources of film and book

The experiment mixes elements of The Fury, Altered States, Fire Starter.

The kids are a mix of E.T., the Goonies, Stand By Me.

The mystery mixes It, Poltegeist, E.T., the short story The Mist.

The dreary small town/suburban angst is a mix of Stephen King and Steven Spielberg.

The score draws upon John Carpenters work and Tangerine Dreams soundtracks.
>>
expect a whole genre/subgenre of similar stuff to pop up

few seconds of a radiant filmstrip has a eighties feel
>>
>>9412771
*pukes
>>
stuff by jeff vandermeer
>>
>>9413108
Do you disagree with this?
>>
Steven kings IT.

It's basically the same shit, group of kids go explore shit they shouldn't, ignorant of the dangers, fight a monster.

Go read it. It'll be super popular again in 6months
>>
>>9412771
The monster reminds me the alien from de "The Thing".
Your post seems pretty accurate to me
>>
>>9413321
The monster in the thing is a shape shifter and changes appearance each time

But yes there is one scene where its 'face' opens up like a petal
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.