[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much do you read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

How many books do you read per month, per week?

I am 'new' to reading. I've always wanted to read something because everyone tells books makes you intelligent and all that shit but due to procrastination I didn't read much if at all.
This past month I read 4 books (currently reading sci-fi classics) which is my record but I guess most of you read 5 times more in a month.

By the way how can I increase my speed? I read 1 page for 1,5-2mins.
>>
>>9410216
Usually 10-12 per month, 2-3 per week.
>>
It's not about reading speed. As you read more you might be able to digest things at a faster rate but you shouldn't focus on it.

The point is that you need to set aside time for reading, and ideally enjoy doing it.

Some people will read more because they dont work or dont have a busy schedule outside of that, so they have more time to read.

Instead of asking questions on 4chan perhaps read some of your book. I generally find it's useful when reading to set yourself goals such as read this entire chapter. If you want to read more you can, the next chapter, If you are finding it hard going put the book down and do something else for a bit. This isnt always possible because some books dont use that structure, or chapters are overly long. If this is the case just find points that seem like good parts to stop.

The hardest part is sitting down and starting of course.
>>
>>9410278
That's what I do already. Whenever I take a book I want to read at least one chapter. Sometimes (more often than I'd like) my procrastination takes over even when I enjoy book I keep checking 4chan, reddit and other useless social media,
>>
>>9410216
2-3 per month.
>>
>>9410216
I mainly read on my breaks at work because its the only time i get left alone. 1-2 books per month depending on the length of the book.
>>
>>9410216
I think I read about a dozen books this year, maybe a bit more. I don't read consistently and I don't gauge my reading speed. Sometimes I finish a book in a day or two, sometimes a month or two. I generally read 2-3 books simultaneously.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.