[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Over Hated Fiction Books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: book throw.jpg (150KB, 500x688px) Image search: [Google]
book throw.jpg
150KB, 500x688px
What books do you feel get way too much flak than they deserve or have their flaws blown way out of proportion?
>>
my diary
>>
Ulysses
>>
>>9408162
Parmenides' poem gets a lot of flak. I think they're fine to be honest, and extremely influential, I mean, EXTREMELY influential.
>>
john green books. They're written for 13 year old girls and obviously aren't intended to compete with the cannon
>>
>>9408162
Dune
>>
Anything by Ayn Rand. Too many butthurt liberals that judge it unfairly making discussion about her work toxic
>>
Confederacy of dunces
>>
Also, Harry Potter.
>>
>>9408283
What.

If anything, Harry Potter gets a ridiculous amount of unwarranted praise. 6/10 series, if I'm being generous. Rowling is the luckiest third rate hack writer in the world.
>>
Stephen King is not that bad. He must've struck some kinda deal with the devil; he's insanely productive but 9 out of 10 times he shits the bed when it comes to writing endings.

The Stand had the potential to be a genuinely good work, but then it went full retard at the end.
>>
>>9408215
Kek wut. Her books are horrible pulpy trash, no matter whether you agree with ideas behind them or not. If you think they have any genuine literary merit you should get shock treatment and restart with the greeks.
>>
Most holy texts get way too much stick for the influence they've had on human history
>>
>>9408303
falling for shit-tier bait
>>
Most high school core suffers a predictable backlash. To Kill a Mockingbird is fine you twats.
>>
On /lit/ Hitchehiker's Guide gets too much flak. Outside /lit/ it gets too much praise.
>>
>>9408162
Mein Kampf
>>
Murakami in general, on /lit/
>>
>>9408181
You're right, but that doesn't stop me from laughing at how cringe a lot of it is. A lot of us also just strongly dislike Green.
>>
Catcher in the Rye
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.