[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post words you have invented >anthological

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

Post words you have invented
>anthological
>>
File: 1492233977870.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1492233977870.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>9407763
glad to see /lit/ still has a sense of humor
>>
>>9407763
not sure if this counts, but I invented the "astral imprisonment" ability in DotA (and DotA 2)
>>
i invented saying "nigger nigger i'm a stupid fucking nigger kill whitey" in my head whenever i remember something embarrassing

>>9407774
cool, that's one of the more interesting abilities in the game
>>
Psuedotriganomical.
>>
>>9407763
like nonce words?
Lemniscape
Oblitter
Gemstar
and more
>>
etymacachinnation

the origins of loud laughter
>>
Diaryesque
>>
Epfefferal
Bite into a peppercorn (maybe a chili pepper too), that is what the word refers to.

It could also probably apply to orgasms.
>>
burbonglia
>>
Shitsy
>>
File: frog1.jpg (191KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
frog1.jpg
191KB, 499x499px
>>9407774
provide the evidence
>>
Prececupidity, it means wishing for something so intensely and for so long that you can't properly enjoy it when it actually happens. I'm a very prececupidous person.
>>
>>9407763
I put together a prototype version of the Amulet-Bloom deck three years before it got banned.
>>
Logos
>>
>>9407763
neologisticalist
>>
niggerfaggot
>>
File: 1.jpg (49KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
49KB, 600x463px
DCS. As in ''she's a DCS type of person'' or ''he displayed DCS sort of attitude''.

DCS stands for differently coloured socks, and someone with a DCS type personality is the type of person who doesn't care whether or not their socks match. Note that it's not the same as consciously choosing to wear differently socks as a fashion choice. The socks themselves are not that important.
>>
Anguir
>>
>>9409075
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/eccentric
>>
File: hunger.jpg (34KB, 317x500px) Image search: [Google]
hunger.jpg
34KB, 317x500px
'Kuboa'
>>
>>9409094
Just finished that. Would've been better if you'd skipped the picture and seen who'd recognize it.

>>9409088
I don't think it's quite as precise. ''DCS'' has been part of the vernacular I use among friends for a few years now, and we all understand its meaning.
>>
>>9409097
Does it just refer to the person who doesn't care if he/she wears different colored socks? Or is it a more general term? If it's the former, how often do you even get to use it and if it's the latter, then eccentric, idiosyncratic, oddball etc. would actually be pretty appropriate.
>>
>>9409101
It came about because we were discussing the subject, and it became a bother to say ''differently coloured socks'' each time so we shortened it to DCS. We made a distinction between the type of person who frets and keeps searching for that one missing sock because they need to find a pair that matches, and the person who simply doesn't care.

It's a more general term. I understand why you'd suggest those synonyms might work, and perhaps the difference is negligible and the term superfluous, but it's just something that kind of stuck. Because the term refers to a specific example, I think it highlights what type of eccentricity we're talking about here. It doesn't denote displays of weird habits per se, rather it's about consistently putting practicality above public appearance in minor cases.

A DCS disregards what they think are certain superficial codes of conduct, without for that reason being an autismo or anti-social weirdo. So they might consider the norm that tells you to wear matching socks a triviality, and just grab whatever is closest at hand. They might drink coffee out of a straw because they don't want to stain their teeth, even if it doesn't look proper.

''Oddball'' to me sounds like someone who is quirky in the manner that a manic pixie dream girl is.
>>
Mordorial instead of Montréal.
>>
>>9409200
Montréal is a fine city, why?
>>
>>9409247
Montréalers only love Montréalers and if you don't come from there, you don't exist for them.

Most of them never had exited the island once.

And it's full of hipster nu-male and immigrants who don't speak french.
>>
>>9409268
You can either hate the nativists or the immigrants, but not both. That's hypocritical.
>>
>>9409270
What if I just hate everyone?
>>
>>9409273
I was about to reply something like that kek.
>>
>>9409273
Then you shouldn't specify particular ideologically opposed groups and just say so.
>>
>>9409285
I hate Montréal.

Are you happy now anon?
>>
>>9409296
No, I'm a francophile.
>>
File: Bonhomme.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bonhomme.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>9409309
Québec > Montréal

If you are a real francophile, you should agree.
>>
>>9409316
Quebecfag here. Can confirm
>>
Tu'smrt
>>
Quidchartered
Duderag
>>
I haven't invented any, I'm calimachically sorry
>>
>>9409433
>'

Isó
>>
Fosterwallaceian
>>
>>9409689
see: Hacky
>>
>>9409268
FUCK MONTRÉAL QUÉBEC CITY REPRESENT POSTING FROM CÔTE-DES-NÈGRES AS WE SPEAK
>>
Seasonalia

When the season is changing and you start to pick up on the subtle cues like light and smells, which remind you of the same season last year.
>>
>>9409613
I'm frasmotic to hear that
>>
File: received_741715625997924.png (532KB, 863x807px) Image search: [Google]
received_741715625997924.png
532KB, 863x807px
>>9409708

>CÔTE-DES-NÈGRES

Tabarnak que j'adore cette expression là.
>>
>>9409268
Montréal is the only relevant city in Québec.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (27KB, 262x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
27KB, 262x200px
Protologism
>>
>>9409761
B-bonjour, frère d'outre-Atlantique
>>
>>9407763
niggy
>>
>>9407763
>nom de memoir
>>
Terraforminal.
>>
>Drywater

a person who can't or won't grasp common sense truths (ex. water being wet)
>>
cascade + cadence = cascadence
>>
Clondompimous
>>
Borange.

There is no meaning
>>
floppy boner
>>
>>9407763
I make up silly words to entertain my lil sis all the time
>Jumbotchery
>michike
>>
salmon
>>
>>9407763
peripathetic- One who wanders meekly through life.
>>
>>9407763
Unironic
>>
They always say you're not a real philosopher until you make up a word
>>
File: Garfield wearing cow meat hat.png (16KB, 84x128px) Image search: [Google]
Garfield wearing cow meat hat.png
16KB, 84x128px
>Esquishian
>Aubergine
I know the second one just means purple or an eggplant, but I've started using it in other contexts
>>
>>9408345
Do those all mean paedophile
>>
>>9409068
Thats kinda sunlmilar to one if mine. i actually use both of these btw:
Niggerjew (a really shitty person)
Jizznipples (really awesome)
>>
>>9412448
why would I make up a word where there's already a word?
>>
>>9409316

Sherbrooke fag here, can confirm Quebec is better
>>
>>9412408
i like this one
>>
>>9407763
Siblaeic- of, or relating to, siblings.
Like brotherly or sisterly.
>>
>>9412444
In what contexts?
>>
>
>>
WIENERBALLS
>>
Commentiquette
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOSYiT2iG08
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.