[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

holy... that last chapter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: ston.jpg (29KB, 494x278px) Image search: [Google]
ston.jpg
29KB, 494x278px
holy...

that last chapter
>>
File: 1490842394812.png (192KB, 449x563px) Image search: [Google]
1490842394812.png
192KB, 449x563px
There were times when I was sincerely clapping and cheering on Stoner. I was so happy for him, and his tiny victories. That last chapter made me cry for a good while.

All in all, a really good book.
>>
>>9406701
smoke weed
>>
>>9406701
still haunted by this book

fuck his cunt of a wife. and fuck him for not standing up to her
>>
>>9406701
The thing about Stoner is that you can't say he had a good life, nor can you say he had a bad life.

He was competent on his job but not remarkable. He had a bad relationship with his wife, but he knew love and passion from Catherine. He managed to write the book he wanted but he failed to be a good father to his daughter. His confidence was built on "not giving a fuck anymore" attitude but that was put to test when he had that crazy student.

I think most people want to be like disney's or anime's protagonists who are full of energy, ambition and achieve their goals through incredible hardships, but most live in reality lives like that of Stoner.

It was probably the only fictional character that I was really bummed out by his death.
>>
File: 1469901871457.jpg (41KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1469901871457.jpg
41KB, 500x446px
>To W.S.
>>
Amazing book, one of those you think about often, long after finishing.
>>
>>9406701
It always gets to me how he really did love Catherine. Its nice he did get a taste of true affection...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.