[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Only book i like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3580.jpg (294KB, 1400x2105px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3580.jpg
294KB, 1400x2105px
Let me tell you all first, i hate reading with a passion. It's boring, slow, and no reading position is ever comfortable for more than 5 minutes. But this book right here: The House of The Scorpion is by far the best piece of literature i've ever read. It's a work of fiction that follows he story of a boy who's actually a clone made off of a man who's the head of a very rich family's DNA. Since he's considered different he's treated extremely poorly regardless of acting like a normal kid. This leads to him running away, and then being drafted into a work force. When he returns home, he finds out the man who he was cloned from has died ((he was very old to begin with)). And a huge fucking twist happens at the end. I tried keeping the summary as vague as possible to avoid any spoilers, because i believe /lit/ should take some time to read this damn fine piece of literature.
>>
>>9406560
its pretty good for a young adult book

read more
>>
>>9406560
This book was poorly written garbage appealing to only middle schoolers.
>>
>>9406560
I think I read this as a kid
was it about some old cartel dude who would grow clones of himself to harvest for organs, then one of the clone kids runs away?

I remember it being boring trash
I really liked the pendergast series of mystery novels as a kid, mainly because I found Relic to be really cool, they are a bit goofy in retrospect though.
>>
I read this book as a kid and I fucking hated it. Didn't really seem like there was a clear direction the author wanted the story to go in. The latter half of the novel was a jumble of poorly connected scenes with little actual depth.
>>
>>9406560
Poor bait attempt but here's my reply
>>
>cover says "Reading Group Guide Inside"

Oh no mate. Put it back on the shelf.
>>
>>9406560
i think youre just boring and slow
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.