[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Write what's on your mind, kiddos.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: shitposts.png (43KB, 723x306px) Image search: [Google]
shitposts.png
43KB, 723x306px
Write what's on your mind, kiddos.
>>
File: shitposts front page.png (93KB, 732x540px) Image search: [Google]
shitposts front page.png
93KB, 732x540px
>>
Charles Taylor says that Hegel was reacting against the Romantic idealists, who had wittingly or unwittingly sacrificed Kantian radical freedom, by making man just a microcosm of the larger "Spirit" of the world, i.e., divine Nature.

But then Taylor says that man, for Hegel, is still only one part of the aggregate Spirit, and we are fulfilling its original goal. The Spirit has become Rational rather than imaginative or intuitive, sure. That part I get. Hegel prefers full rational knowledge. But what does that have to do with reintroducing radical freedom?

Aren't they BOTH sacrificing "radical" autonomy of the individual man to submersion in the greater "whole?" Whether that be the project of Spirit to realise itself Rationally, or divine Nature's union in works of art, what differences does either of those make to the RADICALLY individual individual? I'm still subordinated, or I ought to be if I want to fulfill my destiny, i.e., I have a destiny in something greater than me (whose projects or whose unity I carry out).
>>
This muesli is some good shit, I can't believe housewives have kept this to themselves for all these years.
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>9405741

It doesn't make any fucking difference
>>
>>9405741
I wouldn't go so far as to say Hegel's philosophy "sacrifices" individual autonomy, but he does certainly believe the group to be more important than the individual.
>>
>>9405757
It does if I'm going to impress Charles Taylor when I meet him and present him with my watercolor painting of Schiller's dreamlike Spieltrieb being penetrated as Tiamat by the protagonist of the Phenomenology of Spirit.

>>9405773
That's what I always figured too, that old German idealist "freedom is the freedom to choose the right thing!" cop-out on the subject of free will. But Taylor says that Hegel was specifically wanting to PREVENT the individual man, the individual human, from being enveloped and made merely a component part (of cosmos, or Reason, or anything).
>>
>>9405782
Nah, I don't think I like Taylor's interpretation.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.