[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much sex should I put in my young adult romance novel th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: xYSEt3U.jpg (72KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xYSEt3U.jpg
72KB, 1080x1080px
How much sex should I put in my young adult romance novel that I'm writing to make money and desecrate literature itself?

I was surprised to learn that there's no sex in the first Twilight book. The guy even breaks into her bedroom but never attempts to make a move.

I suppose this creates sexual tension for the female readers, or something, but I don't enjoy or look forward to reading sex scenes, so I felt none of it.

What's the deal here? Should I follow the Twilight "will he won't he abruptly decide to seduce me" model, or include something spicy?

I'll be selling the ebook on Amazon.com, i.e. the US site, so, is it against the law in the US to let under 21s know that sex exists, etc? Will my book be taken down when a censor discovers that morals are being corrupted?
>>
My advice:
Drink a cup of sleeping pills and wine and masturbate until you stop breathing.
>>
>>9403642
Maybe later, anon. Literature won't desecrate itself.
>>
OP the bar for erotic novels is set so low that it really doesnt matter
please see:

https://www.amazon.com/Ravaged-Leprechaun-Peter-Greene-ebook/dp/B00QJ1YAE6

which you can read in its entirety here:

https://www.docdroid.net/tj3y/ravagedbytheleprechaun11.pdf.html
>>
>>9403717
I just read all seven pages of that bullshit aloud.

did not disappoint.
>>
>>9403631
Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series is good for this. Fans learnt the sex chapter number in the first book, and if you see a chapter number mentioned from the second one any-fucking-where, it's the anal scene.

They're well arced books for the market.
You should really be checking out your competition with around six books, because most of them got to the sexy in the first book so the second through sixth would exist at all.

Go here http://www.lovevampires.com/ click on their rating system, see what plays well, and pirate that shit. Most of it has an obvious formula which provides varying levels of enjoyment, and all of them (despite the sex because booksellers are getting weirdly okay with 12 y/os reading that shit, including anal) cross to adult/YA markets which means more money.
>>
>>9403631
once every three chapters with a erotic situation that doesn't lead to sex every other
>>
>>9403757
I should point out in the Night Huntress series where she gives it up to the vampire in the first book, the MC is a highly traumatized and abused since birth rape victim, and the vampire is seen as taking it slow to only fuck her a month or so in. It's apparently highly romantic, but... really, ladies, one month since he fucking kidnapped you?
>>
>>9403717
Hmm. I have been considering that, but I suppose I'm shooting for a novel that will be shared and discussed in public, something that contains most of the dirty desires of women, but in a "plausibly deniable" form that they can share with others, or keep on their shelf unhidden.

That's the real beauty of Twilight.

There's a scene where the main character re-enacts her own mother's breakup with her father. With her father. She really breaks his balls. It's actual cruelty.

But the deniability is that she really needs to leave Forks that precise minute and can't let the dad follow and put himself at risk. So she breaks her disappointing loser daddy's balls - oh my, what an unfortunate necessity, not sadistic at all.

>>9403757
I'll check it out. This actually looks quite helpful.

"Jeaniene," tho. I'm not sure what's worse, a mother giving that name to a child, or an adult writer thinking it sounds cool.
>>
>>9403860
>>9403757 (Me again)
If you're looking for depraved limits of where this can go, Laurell K Hamilton has that paced so well that she goes from being a virginal tease to a literal succubus to something that is so fucking beyond fucked that I've moved her books from children's sections where I've seen them.

I suggest a girly name that suggest big hair too if you go the truly depraved route because... jesus. I feel unclean knowing I read that shit. It's like someone cracked a BPD's head open and wired the sex drive to crack in an acid bath.

And, again, I cannot stress this enough, she is stocked in children's book sections commonly enough because YA lol.
>>
File: 51IMFYl7ocL._SL1500_.jpg (49KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
51IMFYl7ocL._SL1500_.jpg
49KB, 333x500px
>>9403631
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.