[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to write, and I think I have at least a little talent,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: _91410196_potholes_bath_lady.jpg (65KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
_91410196_potholes_bath_lady.jpg
65KB, 660x371px
I want to write, and I think I have at least a little talent, but I cannot for the life of me think of a plot that I am motivated to see through. I'm currently considering trawling the bible and assorted mythologies to look for an outline I can twist a little.

Any advice? Alternatively feel free to throw random words or images at me. Maybe they will spark something.
>>
>feel free to throw random words or images at me

self-defenestration
>>
a lithuanian bisexual in 2054 is crippled with unfulfillnment, he ironically creates a cult and it becomes all too real

you have 45 minutes, give me a short story writerboi
>>
>>9397869
I don't think I can write a short story in that time frame but I did have fun looking at Lithuanian names. Ironic cult gone wrong is also a fun concept.

>>9397767
Fantastic word.
>>
I know that feel. I enjoy writing short sketches or scenes, but I have no idea how to extend that into a story.

I want to write short stories, but can't into plot.
>>
>>9397982
fair enough, 24 hours sounds good? also, some aesthetical inspiration : the triptych 2023, richard david james album, geofronts, permaculture, siberian DIY offroad vehicles, solipsism

i'm just throwing things out there, make your own connections i guess
>>
>>9398015
Well to be clear I want to write a novel at this point. What I'm trying to work on is a plot that will keep me motivated through months of writing. The words are helping me think outside my own personal little box though.
>>
>>9398122
well i'm hardly a successful writer by any means but i think you should start out small and work up from there, regardless of the subject matter. maybe try doing some non-literary art that would match your novel?
>>
>>9398428
Like sketching some scenes/interactions that I find interesting and seeing if a story grows out of them?
>>
>>9397982
Write an alternate biography of Hitler where he was calling for the death of the jews ironically but no one gets it and they think it's a great idea.
>>
>>9397742
Is she establishing a yeast culture?
>>
>>9398458
try melding together multiple seemingly unrelated things into the coolest, most striking image you can, like i dunno, egypt poncho F2000 (first thing i came up with was a story about a young mans travels in flooded egypt as a maritime security guard), and let a story naturally grow from there, it's kind of hard to explain but imagine if it's an alternate universe you're peering into, like something completely external to your self.

then again who gives a fuck about what i have to say, do whatever feels right to you, we're built to tell stories, you just have to activate it
>>
>>9398466
>2017
>Believing that Hitler called for a genocide of the Jews
Anon...
>>
>>9398476
She's protesting a lack of infrastructure spending

>>9398489
Okay, okay. I will try it. Nothing to lose.
>>
>>9397742
>>9397869
>>9397982
If you start writing without the idea of impressing anyone or satisfying your own ego, after 45 minutes you'll have moved on through that last brick in the wall that is blocking you; just write, you fool.
>>
File: 110_calamita_cosmica_ok_1.jpg (51KB, 680x380px) Image search: [Google]
110_calamita_cosmica_ok_1.jpg
51KB, 680x380px
Crepuscule
>>
>>9398489
T. China Mieville
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.