[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to read shakespeare, but having into account my first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: landingradio2.png (222KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
landingradio2.png
222KB, 400x300px
I want to read shakespeare, but having into account my first language is the language of american gardeners and taco chefs, I think I'm missing so much about him.

So, what I'm missing?
Why he was so important?
Why is he heralded as the best writer in history?
What makes him so good?
How hard is to write poethry at his level?
What would take to reach his skill level?
What previous knowledge do I need to before reading him?
>>
what is wikipedia
>>
>>9396713
wikipedia is written by jews.
>>
read hamlet
every line is important
>>
>>9396705
>Why is he heralded as the best writer in history?
Wait till you read Dante, kiddo
>>
>>9396705
He wrote good plays, just like Mozart wrote good opera. They both had their niche and nailed them better than anyone else ever had, and still dominate their craft centuries after. They changed history.
>>
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I hated Shakespeare as a child: but when I became a patrician, I put away childish things.
>>
>>9396705
You need to learn proper english first, Pedro.
>>
>>9396969
>spake
>>
>>9396975
>>>/r/plebtown
>>
>>9396705
I'd say you will have a much better time reading Shakespeare if you first understand the form his poetry is written in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blank_verse
>>
>>9397081
>shakespeare never used rhymed verse
wew lad

>>9396969
>spake
kys

>>9396705
>how hard is it to write poetry at his level
impossible. nobody will ever compare to shakespeare, especially in this generation; his levels of originality are still unparalleled, his works are literary perfection.
>>
>>9396705

Honestly I think bilingual people would have an easier time with Shakespeare than people who only speak English because the latter are so stuck in one way of reading they usually can't free themselves up to Shakespeare's language. Nevertheless it's always nice to just go slow and study the explanatory notes and such.

Anyway Shakespeare is great for a few reasons: his masterful use of the English language, his proficiency in multiple genres (most other playwrights were only good at comedy or tragedy), his variety of characters who have a psychological depth unmatched by any writer before him, and his intelligent exploration of just about any theme that could be explored in drama. Just read him with an open mind and try to get into the story and the characters as you would with any other work of literature and his talent will naturally reveal itself to you.
>>
>>9397119
do people really not know KJV
>>
>>9396720
Wikipedia provides links to all its sources.
>>
>>9397358
fuck off idiot KJV was written way before shakespeare
>>
>>9399530
it was written during his lifetime dumbass
>>
>>9399696
>What is a translation.
>>
. I think Shakespeare changed
the representation of human nature, that is to say the description of
language on how people feel, think, endure, and I think it is difficult
to make a distinction between the representation of thinking and
thinking itself. I think he pioneered in delineating human beings who
suffered change because their relationship to themselves changed. His
descriptions of humans have contaminated all of our representations of
thought and emotion, and these representations don't have to be written
or acted out; they are intimately involved in how we speak to others and
how we speak to ourselves. He changed us in how we speak to ourselves,
and he created the phenomenon that we overhear ourselves.

-Harold Bloom on Shakespeare
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.