[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this your brain after 50 years of academic philosophy? Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170417_181348.jpg (49KB, 480x452px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170417_181348.jpg
49KB, 480x452px
Is this your brain after 50 years of academic philosophy? Do you aspire to be as intelligent?
>>
>No-one can accept that Turkey's referendum licenses an Erdogan dictatorship.

Evidently the Turks thought so, but why go the trouble of asking them?
>>
>>9396034
gulenist
>>
>>9396034
that's just p u r e i d e o l o g y
>>
>>9396034
It's your brain on euphoric Anglo atheism.
>>
>>9396128
truly majestic.
>>
>>9396128

It's not like priests were ever massacred in the 20th century in the name of atheism or anything. . .
>>
>>9396128
Not trying to jest,but what's really up with the Anglos tho?

From utilitarians to the positivist and now to this new atheism they seems to be one way or another tipping fedoras persistently for generations.What's actually going on ?
>>
most academics are utter brainlets in every area not pertaining to their studies
>>
>>9396158
Why should they ask themselves these kind of questions?
>>
>>9396128
to add to that >>9396183
,we use to be a colony and while they were at it they did irredeemable and reprehensible damage to our history ,religion and philosophy , they fucked it up at an axiomatic level to the point where our humanities are eternally doomed and even our constitution don't actually even have a proper definition or categorization for the religious/cultural majority.
>>
>>9396034
He's not wrong in the slightest. Popular support can be for 'wrong' or stupid things, that doesn't mean it isn't the will of the people.
>>
I hate Grayling and I wish he was never allowed to publish a book on Wittgenstein
>>
>>9396034
He's right OP - referenda are fucking stupid and shouldn't be permitted
Only a simpleton shouts 'muh democracy' about them
>>
>>9396034
Well to be fair, they literally changed voting regs by saying that ballots that had no stamp on them were eligible unless YOU could prove that they were brought there from elsewhere by a third party and this decision happened only AFTER the voting had already started.
>>
>>9396206
He's not wrong, but he makes the wrong conclusion.
Erdogan's power is legitimate. So is Brexit.
>>
>>9396158
Some whataboutism in record time.
>>
>Is this your brain after 50 years of academic philosophy? Do you aspire to be as intelligent?

On Twitter making noncomparisons about two fundamentally different voted things?

Oh boy, do I!
>>
>>9396183
english people are awkward and crave security

we lost a lot to a mercurial world. we'd rather avoid that again.

verification theory promises us comfort, as does tea and class and things being set out "right" and correct and regimented, all so on marching into an acceptance of the grey godlessness of great britannia that terrifies us most
>>
>>9396158

No one was massacred in the name of atheism, it was communism you dumbo.
>>
Because Turkey's referendum was clearly rigged and the Brexit vote wasn't? And even if the Brexit vote was rigged it would have been rigged in favour of staying, pseuds BTFO!
>>
>>9396034
It's not acceptable because there was rigging involved. How AC Grayling would think otherwise in Erdogan's Turkey beats me.
>>
>>9396798
Nice b8.
>>
>>9396281

How much did the constant threats, accusing no voters of being terrorists, etc delegitimize the process, though?

Sure Brexit had "you're a shitlord bigot if you vote leave" vs "you're a cuck who loves arab dick if you vote stay" and that sort of retard rhetoric, but very little "our president who just purged half the country's government won't like you if you choose wrong and is actively suppressing contrary arguments".
>>
>>9396034

Why this argument is wrong I believe starts with the realization that democracy is a tool, not a goal. Democracy is there to ensure that the leaders in a state of law are represented by its citizens.

To use democracy to undermine the republic, is clearly an act of tyranny, and should not be accepted by any liberal.

To use democracy to regain sovereignty, even though the democratic progress may have been hampered by populism, is the opposite. It in fact restores democracy.

Few people but the Brits have a democratic tradition that strong as to disregard security in favour of sovereignty.
>>
>>9396287
Some reddit in record time
>>
i guarantee if it was the other way around and brexit lost by a close margin that fag wouldn't be complaining, he'd be smug as shit like "in ur face brexit fags YOU LOST!!!" but since it went the other way "ohh no elections don't count if it's a close victory!"
>>
>>9396798

Who was Enver Hoxha?
>>
>>9397061
I don't think so. This is a pretty dumb argument. If the remain side had won, they would have been saying: thank goodness we avoided that disaster. The option was either a positive or negative vote on the question, not two contradictory positives. A remain voter could, the remain side having won, legitimately simultaneously rejoice in victory and say the referendum was undemocratic and stupid.
>>
>>9396045
election was rigged daddy-o
>>
>>9396128
i thought athiests hated idpol
>>
>>9397477
are you new to being alive? democracy "works" when the election outcome is what the ruling class wants, democracy is "flawed" and "imperfect" when plebs vote the wrong way
>>
>>9396158
bourgie priest genocide best day of my life
>>
>>9396847
If people didn't legitimately want Erdogan they wouldn't have let him get to the point he has.
>>
>>9397506
Buddy-o we're talking about two entirely different things. I'm talking the reason that myself and all the smart people i know talk; you're talking conspiracy shite. And anyway, even if your claim has traction, in the UK it's the ruling class who want to leave the EU, not the other way around.
>>
>>9397868
Really? Because it seems like the lower-middle class rubes are the ones who come out with their xenophobia.
>>
File: 1391926133976.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1391926133976.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>9396798

>Atheism isn't a part of communism

Maybe YOU are the dumbo ~!
>>
File: 1491525944373.png (337KB, 504x504px) Image search: [Google]
1491525944373.png
337KB, 504x504px
>>9396034
She's right. If you so insist on having your precious democracy then eat the fruits it bears both sour and sweet alike. Democracy is tyranny of the majority and mob rule no better than a barbarian tribe conquering and enslaving the smaller tribe.

“If my fellow citizens want to go to Hell, I will help them. It’s my job.” - Justice Holmes
>>
>>9398255
It really isn't though, at least not in a conceptual level. When it comes to reality, communism means a planned, nationalized economy. You can have that and believe in whatever deity you like (Christianity is highly popular in Cuba, for example).
>>
>>9398281
what if your deity requires you to respect private property rights?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.