[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rank the ulysses chapters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: JoyceUlysses2.jpg (63KB, 585x750px) Image search: [Google]
JoyceUlysses2.jpg
63KB, 585x750px
nestor
oxen of the sun
circe
ithica
wandering rocks

hades
nausicaa
scylla and charybdis
calypso
cyclops
lotus eaters
sirens
telemachus
penelope
lestrygonians
proteus

aeolus
eumaeus
>>
>>9395114

Hades is first.
>>
Circe
Oxen of the Sun
Scylla and Charybdis
Ithica
Penelope
Nausicaa
Hades
Eumaeus (underrated desu)
Proteus
Wandering Rocks
Sirens
Nestor
Cyclops
Calypso
Telemachus
Aeolus
Lotus Eaters
Lestrygonians
>>
>>9395114
sirens should be higher up as should penelope

>>9395128
ehhhhh

>>9395146
pretty much what mine would be, although I'd put aelus higher and wandering rocks
>>
>>9395164
eumaeus is interesting, it's tired and hard to follow and intentionally boring - i just don't really want to read it again.

>>9395164
penelope should probably be further up, i was just exhausted by it and probably raced through it instead of taking breaks and rereading. expect it, sirens and proteus to benefit most from a second reading.
>>
>>9395114
Nausicaa
Cyclops
Hades
Nestor
Eumaeus
Calypso
Telemachus
Ithaca
Circe
Sirens
Penelope
Lotus Eaters
Oxen of the sun
Scylla and Charybdis
Aeolus
Wandering rocks
Proteus
Lestrygonians
My list varies wildly depending on my mood
>>
>>9395114
>>9395146
>tfw to much of a brainlet to understand oxen of the sun
>>
>>9395363
But it's literally how babby is formed, if by babby you mean english literature.
>>
>>9395363
don't expect to read it and understand all or most of the allusions, or what is actually happening in the story. read and reread it, look up notes, enjoy slowly decoding it and never expect to fully unravel it.

oxen of the sun and circe are the heart of the novel - reread them!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.