[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Herrmann Hesse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (102KB, 575x868px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 575x868px
Just finished Steppenwolf which was great and just started Siddharta.
What other Hesse book would you suggest I read after?
>>
>>9394778
The one where he wanted to fuck his own underage son
>>
Are any of his books as good as his arse?

>>9394782
Are you thinking of Mann?
>>
>>9394837
>Are you thinking of Mann?

Yes...
>>
D E M I A N
E
M
I
A
N
>>
>>9394778
Damien ,then Narcissus and Goldmund
>>
>>9394778
Demian is really good, I still have fond memories from when I read it. I liked Steppenwolf more though.
>>
>>9394778
I got a book of poems by him called seasons of the soul. If you're not too lit to enjoy translated poetry some of it is quite good.
>>
Beneath the Wheel, THEN Demian, Narcissus and Goldmund, Magister Ludi.

And no, not because that's the order I read them in (it actually isn't), but just my two cents.
>>
>>9394913
Translated German is acceptable. The translation meme only applies properly to languages very removed from English
>>
Has anybody read the Glass Bead Game?

read the 50 page intro, it sounds interesting, but 500 pages? i don't know if that's a 500 page concept without beating the horse
>>
>>9394851
>>9394869
>>9394878
came here to post demain. i read it in my late teens and then again in my mid 20s, a lot to like both times.
>>
>>9394778
Under the wheel. His best work.
>>
Narcissus And Goldmund

Demian

those are both rad af
>>
does anyone know what the fuck the Hesse reference in this song is about?

>Pain me silver and call me Hermann Hesse

I figure most plebs just know Siddartha, but I don't see a connection there...but there was a jazz album named "Glass Bead Games" etc, so maybe something in there appeals to musicians?

https://youtu.be/a9XhMhAXdEw?t=1m6s
>>
>>9395374
>i don't know if that's a 500 page concept without beating the horse

yeah, i think he felt he had to do a full length novel to get the nobel, which he did three years after glass bead games was published
>>
>>9395422
the glass bead game (in his book: the glass bead game) is played on wooden boards with silver tiles

the book's basically about a man questioning the morality of this thing he's given his entire life to.
>>
>>9395442
yeah i kinda figured the jazz dudes where like saying they just blew their whole life on the musical equivalent of a glass bead game, but i didn't get the paint me silver part in that pond song...random fact: spike lee's dad played bass on the glass bead album
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.