[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

argentine literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2960.jpg (37KB, 411x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2960.jpg
37KB, 411x380px
what should i read?
>>
http://4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading/Literature_by_origin#Argentina
>>
>>9394734
seconding this

I just read two books by Argentinians and they were both excellent. Try The Savage Detectives.
>>
>>9394752
lm@o
>>
>>9394765
JESUS CHrIST I HATE THIS BOARD I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF YOU PSEUDS LAUgHING AT ME

AND IF GOOGLE FUCKING DATAMINING CAPTCHA MAKES ME SELECT ONE MORE FUCKING SHITTY BODEGA I"M GOING TO KILL MYSELf
>>
>>9394773
Kek, anon please no more.
>>
File: 0C6.jpg (39KB, 606x408px) Image search: [Google]
0C6.jpg
39KB, 606x408px
Borges of fucking course

The Seven Madmen and its sequel The Flamethrowers by Roberto Arlt are some of my favourites, the delirum scene that comes before the ending is fucking savage

The Tunnel, On Heroes and Tombs, and finally Abbadón el exterminador, are linked to one another, after you are done with the second book you will have experienced some Lovecraft level shit regarding blind people

Cortazar should be read in spanish, I dont have a high opinion of the english translation of Rayuela
>>
>>9394825
where to start with borges?
>>
>>9394886

either Ficciones or El Aleph
>>
Since the other anon already posted the essentials, I'm gonna recommend a truly unique book that probably nobody here ever read: Los Sorias, by Alberto Laiseca. Longest fucking novel in Argentinian literature. I think it doesn't have an English translation, unfortunately, but I wanted to share it anyways in case some Spanish-reading anon is out there. Here's a concise review: https://theuntranslated.wordpress.com/2015/05/27/the-sorias-los-sorias-by-alberto-laiseca/
>>
>>9394935

wonder if I should read the review beforehand to ease myself into it or if I should go in blind

It has quite the reputation for being pure insanity
>>
Try some Bioy Casares
>>
>>9394942
I'd recommend maybe reading the first couple of paragraphs to have a very general idea of what to expect and then jump straight into it. The book is by far the most bizarre and weird thing I've ever read. It's a real special and, regrettably, not really well-known book.
>>
Didnt check the linked wiki but Arlt is really great. Marginalized middle aged kinda idiotic kinda insightful guys try to make money and plan a revolution in Los Siete Locos and Los Lanzallamas (I guess you could say they're part 1 & 2 respectively)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.