[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What books do you own but have not read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

What books do you own but have not read?
>>
About a hundred historical tomes.
>>
A metric ton
>>
Well, it starts with the Iliad tbqh.
>>
>>9391838
Ayn Rand, War and Peace, Don Quixot
>>
>>9391849
Everything starts with the Iliad
>>
>>9391838
lord of the rings
>>
The last and first men, a brief history of time
>>
A lot, nearly 800 books. Fairly different kinds of stuff, from Mikhail Zoshchenko to Kobo Abe.
>>
all of them
>>
>>9391838
i tend to give away most of my books after i've read them so at any time most of the books i own are ones i haven't read
unfortunately i acquire books faster than i read them so the chances are that the ones at the bottom of the mountain will never be read
>>
The Greeks
>>
File: cloudbook.jpg (60KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
cloudbook.jpg
60KB, 640x430px
>>
File: 1491091217014.jpg (297KB, 1024x789px) Image search: [Google]
1491091217014.jpg
297KB, 1024x789px
>>9391838
A whole fucking lot of them, let me tell you. But I've bought a lot of books in the past year and making use of them will be a life's work.

>>9391850
don't sleep on don quijote de la mancha, mi phamiglia. it is weighty but hilarious.
>>
Aeneid and the divine comedy
>>
About a sixth, the largest of which is Zimbaldone.
>>
My diary desu
>>
>>9391838

this is a rare pepe and I am stealing it.
>>
>>9391838
juliette by marquis de sade
>>
>>9391838
Loads. I buy stuff at estate sales and online bargains much faster than I can actually read it (which I suppose means I'll eventually bury myself under a pile of TBRs).

>The Penal Colony and Other Stories
>Scaramouche
>The Turn of the Screw + The Aspern Papers
>Hard Times
>Jerusalem
>Invisible Man (Ellison not Wells)
>The Man Who Was Thursday
>Foucault's Pendulum
>Desert Solitaire: A Season in the Wilderness
>The Baron in the Trees
>Oblomov
>Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72
>Radio Free Albemuth
>The Best American Essays 2007
>The Master and Margarita
>Papillon
>This Town Will Never Let Us Go
>1776
>In Praise of Idleness and Other Essays
>Elmer Gantry
>Songs of a Dead Dreamer/Grimscribe
>Chess Story
>>
>>9391838
The Name of the Wind
The Wise Man's Fear
>>
>>9391838
Pinochet File
Stalin - Simon Montefiore
Age of Reason - Thomas Paine
>>
>>9392976
The Slow Regard of Silent Things is the only somewhat interesting Rothfuss
>>
les heureux et les damnés
paris est une fête
moby-dick
fondation
les enfants de hurin
le jeu des perles de verre
>>
>>9391838

Too many.

I'd need an 'I Am Legend'-style apocalypse event, or else sequester myself in a secluded log cabin, to be sufficiently free of distractions to read the books I have and want to read.

>tfw weak will-power
>>
>>9393133
Remove your computer's power supply anon. Make it a pain in the ass to waste time onlin, simulate a cabin experience. Go for a walk. Alter your idea of a typical day until distractions are just a thing you used to have.
>>
Divine Comedy
Mansfield Park
Portrait of the Artist as a young man
Melancholy of Resistance
Lady Chatterleys Lover
Pale King
V
Bleeding Edge
Nichomachean Etics
Complete Plato (Only read 400 or so pages).
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.