[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did /lit/ think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (36KB, 299x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 299x475px
What did /lit/ think?
>>
mediocre
>>
>>9391639
Why?
>>
Is captain john brannigan, in fact, our /rocket man/?
>>
I really liked alien archaeology parts, and gradual reveal of human empire building, but then it all turned into very cliche finding of superadvanced aliens story. Also, lousy character creation. Everyone is somehow coupled with everyone else to the level that you expect the twists involved.
>>
>>9391634
simple conspiracy theory: there has been so much time since the big bang that if we don't have direct evidence then it must be a conspiracy at the galactic level
>>
>>9391725
They weren't coupled
Nostalgia for Infinities crew were coupled to the colony because of the doctor
But there was no connection between them on the Conjoiners or Yellowstone
>>9391745
Its one explanation for the Fermi Paradox that is predicated on finding the remains of numerous extinct species
So its a fictional conspiracy theory because obviously we haven't found any archeological remains
And our own behavior provides a much simpler explanation: we wipe ourselves out
>CO2 emissions are not dangerous, the changing climate is the will of god, lets threaten nuclear armed nations
>>
alright idea, shit writing

all alastair reynolds does is move you from infodump to infodump within infodumps with wooden characters and half the fucking book couldve been cut
>>
>>9391806
Unlike every other far future set highly advanced technology space opera
No infodump there
The reader needs to be caught up, its not Star Wars
>>
>>9391718
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lul-Y8vSr0I
As the ship descends to Hela, this begins playing through the bio mechanical corridors of the ship
>>
>>9391793
Cmon scientist dude eventually fucks his biography writer. One of the main hatred themes of spaceship is based on one gal hating the other because she killed her boyfriend. And it's quite obvious by then that the mystery woman is scientist dude's ex wife. Hundreds of pages are wasted on those badly written romance triangles.

Complaining it to Star Wars is pointless. It's not fairy tale scify, but it's also not hard scify. It's got mecha, doomsday weapons and alien planets. It's Star Trek.
>>
>>9391992
Uh... What
That's not in there at all
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.