[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the most /lit/ religious text?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (278KB, 686x385px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
278KB, 686x385px
what is the most /lit/ religious text?
>>
Pali Canon
>>
>>9391373
Obviously Ezra to Chronicles (and back again) in the TANAKH.
>>
>>9391373
The Iliad.
>>
>>9391373
Epistles of Pauline
>>
>>9391373
Luke-Acts
>>
>>9391373
Petrolio, by Pasolini
>>
>>9391373
Bhagavad Gita
>>
>>9393107
>Not John
In the beginning* was the Word,

and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.a
He was in the beginning with God.
* All things came to be through him,
and without him nothing came to be.b
What came to be
through him was life,
and this life was the light of the human race;c
* the light shines in the darkness,d
and the darkness has not overcome it.
* A man named John was sent from God.e
He came for testimony,* to testify to the light, so that all might believe through him.f
He was not the light, but came to testify to the light.g
The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world.h
He was in the world,
and the world came to be through him,
but the world did not know him.
He came to what was his own,
but his own people* did not accept him.
>>
>>9393173
Nice formatting, John
>>
>>9393176
Lol my bad. I copied it off my app.
>>
>>9393173
Luke-Acts is widely recognized as the most literary of the gospels and New Testament.
>>
>>9393367
>Widely recognized
>Le bandwagon because the wagon is full.
The poetic structure of John is much more aesthetically pleasing both visually and auditory. Listening to it read by a skilled reader in a beautiful church is one of the most inspirational experiences to be had.
>>
The wealth of the nations
>>
>>9393107
lol are you even trying ? Luke presents his endeavor as someone writing history, there's literally nothing "deeply religious" about anything Luke did, it's all about the apostolic tradition. Kill yourself pleb.

>>9391700
Mmh no.

>>9391698
Are you joking?

>>9393367
They're not. John is. I read Ancient Greek, you can trust me on that. John is fucking miles away from shit like Luke. Kill yourself.
>>
Song of songs
>>
>>9393417
This and John.
>>
File: Ge_Crucifixion.jpg (77KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ge_Crucifixion.jpg
77KB, 500x600px
John is devoid of love. People who like it (after actually reading it) are bad people.
>>
Maybe Valentinus's fragments, the Thomas Gospel, the Secret Book of John, Luke-Acts, and the Gita.
>>
>>9393451
He asked the most /lit/ religious text. Not the most love containing text. I also disagree with your analysis but that's not the point of the discussion.
>>
>>9393465
>Valentinus' fragments
mmh

>the Thomas Gospel
Unless we someday discover the Greek version, its Coptic translation is rather poor and often obscure, while its Oxy. fragments are ... fragmentary ; it's only 10 logia, in terrible state.

>the Secret Book of John
Have you actually read it ?
>loads of dry, stiff theology and cosmogony
>boring rewriting of the AT through Ialdabaoth's myth
Only the Tripartite Tractate is worse.

>Luke-Acts
See >>9393415
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.